Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was so cold the other day my plate was frozen put gas in and it froze and I bent the spring so has anybody moved there plate to the spare an I'd there a way to hook up a Licence plate light to the wording from the third brake light

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Your plate light has to be lite when your running lights are on hooking to 3rd brake light would solve that issue..you could run a seperate wire through the same rubber grometjust make the wire long enough to accomadate the swing of the gate ,tap into the wire for the right side tail light and your off and legal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am currently trying to Di exactly this to my '95. I have a tire swing and have the license plate mount with third brake light and led license plate light.

The contacts for the third brake light don't cause illumination with running lights, only braking... If I tie the running lights from the right rear brake light, won't this affect the brake light?... If I do this and tie the license plate light in, wont that cause the license plate light to flare brighter upon braking?...

Some help please!!

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
In MI winter time, I spray a shot of WD40 on my springs for the plate. It displaces the water, hence they won't ice up that way. A couple years ago this happened and I started popping springs off. Once I sprayed 'em, its been fine.

Just an idea...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts