Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good solution for being able to able to add a license plate frame? I have a 2014 JK and because of the way the rear license plate mount is set up, there's no way I see to add my license plate frame without drilling two more holes into my jeep (which I'd really like to avoid if possible). Anyone else run into this yet and come up with a solution?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Relocate it to the spare with a relocation bracket. Besides trees like to remove the license plate where it is on the corner. Something like this may solve your problem. Rock Hard 4X4 RH4007 - Rock Hard 4x4 Parts License Plate Relocation Bracket for 76-14 Jeep® CJ, Wrangler YJ, TJ, TJ Unlimited, JK & Unlimited JK - Quadratec
Unfortunately I have a custom spare tire cover so that's not an option either. Still not sure why they designed the plate this way. I haven't seen it this way before.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,051 Posts
Yes, the Engineer that designed that mounting, must have had a bad night!

If the 2014 is like my 2013, then it's a very simple mod!
Just remove the lower left side screw, and drill a small pilot hole on the right top, through the existing license plate hole into the bracket, and install the existing screws through the plate cover and plate. It only took me about 10 minutes!

Mine is a chrome cover that says Jeep on it. I purchased it from Pep Boy's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts