Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm looking at ideas now since I changed my bumper and tire carrier. I've seen one that mounts where yours is and has a hole for a padlock. You might be able to do that. Can't tell from your picture. Looks good though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at ideas now since I changed my bumper and tire carrier. I've seen one that mounts where yours is and has a hole for a padlock. You might be able to do that. Can't tell from your picture. Looks good though.
Yes you can put a small lock. It just needs to be thin and long. Might want to try some out before you buy. I'll post some more pics in the morning. And thank you for the kind words! It does make a great look. Did you get it?

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I used the Rock Hard relocation bracket and the Off Road Only tag/brake light combo. I used a 7/16" locking pin through the hole in the Rock Hard plate holder as extra security if the screw was to loosen.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I've seen one that mounts where yours is and has a hole for a padlock.
I have that ability on mine, but I used a bike lock instead:

image-2138965657.jpg

image-3194822237.jpg

I didn't like having a padlock swinging around back there. I thought it would look hokey.

The bike lock works great because the carrier also has room for two jerrycans. I still have enough of the cable to run through the cans and lock them up, too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have that ability on mine, but I used a bike lock instead: I didn't like having a padlock swinging around back there. I thought it would look hokey. The bike lock works great because the carrier also has room for two jerrycans. I still have enough of the cable to run through the cans and lock them up, too.
That is a badass set up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts