Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have lights coming in the mail but cant figure out a way to wire them without a real ugly looking wire in the gate. Anyone know how to wire them if I also have the third brake light? I really hate wiring.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Ok your title is a little confusing but I think I got it, mounting the license plate on the spare tire?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ditch the 3rd brake light and use that wiring. Look up in the wheel well and find where the wiring on the other side of the contacts taps into the brake light signal, cut it and splice into the light signal.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I read that cops can't write tickets for third brake lights missing. I'm going to trust this info and ditch it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
The way i see it is no evidence that the light was ever there from the factory so unless a cop knows for a fact that you removed it you'll be ok

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Enemy said:
The way i see it is no evidence that the light was ever there from the factory so unless a cop knows for a fact that you removed it you'll be ok
Ill count on that... Cant wait to get my LED brake lights and rev lights for Christmas. Saw a JK with them on the drive home from MTB practice tonight and it looked sweet. (Also had a stinger which I'm also getting for Christmas)

A little anxious...

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Removed the third brake light and put in the plate. Going without plate lighting till Friday when they come in the mail.

I think it'll look much sharpen after the LEDs.

The crappy metal strips I used are too flimsy though. Gonna have to make a Home Depot trip to get something that won't jiggle around

1 - 13 of 13 Posts