Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I've never seen one attach like this before. Right side of the plate slides into notches on the surround then the two right holes of the plate fit on little knobs sticking up then put two bolts in on the left side of the plate. Strange.

Second, The knobs didn't line up to the right side holes on my tag. I had to drill them out a bit to make it fit.

Third, my plate was too long to even fit flush. I had to take tin snips and trim down both sides of my tag to get it to fit.

Fourth, the two bolts that go in on the left side were so hard to get in using a flat screwdriver I thought I was going to have to get a ratchet out to put on those bolts. And yes, they were the bolts that came with the Jeep in a bag that said license plate bolts.

Anyone else had this problem on their Jeep?

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
SouthTJ said:
First, I've never seen one attach like this before. Right side of the plate slides into notches on the surround then the two right holes of the plate fit on little knobs sticking up then put two bolts in on the left side of the plate. Strange.

Second, The knobs didn't line up to the right side holes on my tag. I had to drill them out a bit to make it fit.

Third, my plate was too long to even fit flush. I had to take tin snips and trim down both sides of my tag to get it to fit.

Fourth, the two bolts that go in on the left side were so hard to get in using a flat screwdriver I thought I was going to have to get a ratchet out to put on those bolts. And yes, they were the bolts that came with the Jeep in a bag that said license plate bolts.

Anyone else had this problem on their Jeep?
I filed down one end of my plate and had to elongated the holes to get them to line up with the plastic knobs.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Same problem in Iowa Still need to trim it...has a little weave to it right now.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
NM plates fit OK...

·
Registered
469 Posts
PA plates are a little off. The plate is the right width but the holes don't line up right.

·
Registered
414 Posts
My Colorado plate fit perfect. Of course that doesn't mean we want y'all moving here to get plates that fit.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You can always remove that monstrous plastic mount and relocate the plate. :D

My 3rd brake light and tag lights are going on tonight.
Ok, this is the before.........

Don't forget to post the after. :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts