Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks like plenty of life left. Life expectancy of pads entirely depends on how you drive and as long as there's no external force on them causing premature wear.

·
Registered
459 Posts
You dont really have that much meat left on those pads, and if you took the effort to pull off the calipers, I'd change em.

I've done my rear pads 2x in 130k and front 1x. I threw a set of cheapy rear pads (the 2nd time the rear have been changed) just to tie me over until I do a full break overhaul...

After a while, the pads effectiveness starts to fade & I'm not sure I know the materials reason why...but after many many miles, my pads usually have some small pieces missing, are glazed over, and the rotors have started to develop hard spots (I'm on my original rear rotors and my fronts are TF big rotor kit. Currently, the front rotors are slightly warped, have hard spots and the rears have been scored (factory original) even though the pads still had meat.

·
Premium Member
6,897 Posts
I replaced the rear pads and rotors on my wife's 2013 JK yesterday. They were the original pads, with 59,795 miles on them. The pic looks like they needed to be replaced. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Pads are cheap, and it's not hard to change them.

Just change them with factory pads and you know you will be good for another 50k.

Akebono makes to pads for our jeeps, you can get them on Amazon.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I replaced the rears around 26,000 miles with stoptech pads. The inner passenger side pad was wearing unevenly, probably due to the teraflex big rotor kit being a little crappy. I had trouble installing the new pad in that spot but so far it's quiet and it stops good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts