Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a zone 2 in lift on my 93 yj and got 31/2 in of lift which was expected because of the old tired springs now at about 35/40 I get a vibration can this be cured by a transfer case drop? Love the lift and my ride has been much improved

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Did you have your vehicle aligned after you installed? Could be alignment, bad u-joint, inbalanced tire, bad steering stabilizer, or too steep a driveshaft angle. Do you only get vibrations between 35-40 and it stops or what?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Did you have your vehicle aligned after you installed? Could be alignment, bad u-joint, inbalanced tire, bad steering stabilizer, or too steep a driveshaft angle. Do you only get vibrations between 35-40 and it stops or what?
I'm with c5. Take a good look at your front end and get it aligned. Driveshaft geometry could be the culprit too

·
Registered
693 Posts
Before throwing on a t-case drop, you need to get under the vehicle and measure the drive line angles. It's easier than messing with the skid plate to put in spacers. Plus it'll give you an idea if you need just a small change or a big change, or maybe no change at all. It'll also tell you if the pinion angle is good.

Driveshaft geometry

If that link is too hard to follow, you should be able to Google "how to measure drive line angles" and find other resources.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts