Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Wrangler Unlimited X that is mainly used to drive my son to baseball practice and me to work. I want to upgrade with a lift and tires that will help me get around my deer lease in the TX hill country. (Dirt roads that are rocky and sometimes muddy) I am not planning on doing any serious off-roading. So I need the best recommendation for something that will be a daily driver, get me around the lease, look cool, not break the bank, and is not complicated to install. Based on my limited research and knowledge I was thinking a 2" BB with 32" tires. Then I read somewhere that you shouldn't exceed 31" tires with a 2" BB. Also, I'm under the impression that with that setup I wouldn't need to do any more modifications than the BB. Is that true? Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure these are relatively dumb questions but I only know enough right now to mess up my vehicle. Thanks in advance.
Waddy

·
Registered
548 Posts
Head over to http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/beginners-guide-to-lifting-your-jk-298665.html

kjkeeper10 has awesome advice, and is very active on these forums.

I put a simple Teraflex leveling kit in my 2015 JKU, which came with stock 32" tires. Obviously, I did not even need to do a lift with the stock tires. (This is the basically the same as your 2"BB pucks)

Now, a 2007, JK....unsure of the difference, and I could not imagine any (again, that link in the place to begin!)

Now, the cost of that lift alone could be the low $100's if you do the work yourself. It is not too hard, and watch many videos in detail. Having some of the right tools is important.

If you have a shop do it (which there is nothing wrong with that!), it will be around $400-$600 depending on your local shop prices.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
You can run a 285x70r17 with no lift. You can run a 35 inch tire with a budget boost.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I was not happy with the flighty/darty steering of my rig with a budget boost (2.5").
Based on that, I would recommend front lower control arm relocation brackets, or, front lower control arms that allow for the caster correction.

·
Super Moderator
14,557 Posts
A 2.5 BB is a great way to achieve your goals. Take a look at the Rough Country Series II budget boost. A fantastic little lift at a great price. In most cases, you need nothing else...

BUT, every Jeep is a little different and some do need caster correction even with a budget boost. It's an easy add on afterwards if you decide you need it. You will not hurt anything to build it without and see.

If you do need it, I recommend the TF Sport front fixed lower control arms.

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
Stock tires on all but the base models (some do or used to come with 29 inch) are 32 inches...zero lift needed. Problem solved. A level kit would give just a little lift if you want it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts