Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so if you will, post your jeep with the lift and the tire size.

I want to lift my stock jeep but cant figure out the look. Could be the fact that my jeep is on original leafs and is so low because they are wore out but I want a nice look, but not a rock crawler. Im THINKING....2.5 lift with 1inch body lift on 33s? Opinions welcome!

·
Registered
175 Posts

I want to lift my stock jeep but cant figure out the look. Could be the fact that my jeep is on original leafs and is so low because they are wore out but I want a nice look, but not a rock crawler. Im THINKING....2.5 lift with 1inch body lift on 33s? Opinions welcome!
2inch Trailmaster suspension lift, 31inch tires. Due to the short wheelbase absolutely fine on- and offroad.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts

I put a 4" kit on my 87 awhile back. Had the original leafs also so by the time I was done the total lift gain was around 6". Not that you can completely plan for that but that was my experience and may be something to consider.

Old front stuff came out nicely but the back... oh man. I think I was underneath that thing for 2 days. Good luck.

·
Registered
395 Posts
2.5" lift, 1" shackles. 33s. Learn from myself, go with old man emu leaf springs + cheap hydro shocks + greaseable shackles = the best ride possible. I switched from rough country 4" lift and that was unbearable. My new lift kit rides crazy smooth.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, 2 weeks into a basic jeep to go riding and I find myself with a set of 17 wheels, 33 tires and a 4 inch lift. Should be done this week so I will post pictures. Fortunately there is a guy in my area that buys jeeps and parts them out. I got the wheels, tires, lift and a set of half doors for 1K.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Had that lift before my current setup... it's ok for looks but rides terribly imo. I used to daily it with that suspension and envied pretty much any other car on the road. Now im certain I have the best riding yj in town. Save up for an upgrade if you want my advice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got the lift as a pulloff for only $200 so it was a easy decision for a quick affordable lift.

UPStrades What lift did you end up going wit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts