Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all I am thinking about getting a lift kit that will allow me to put 33's on my 95 without any problems. My first question is will a 2.5" lift with 1 1/4" lift shackles let me run 33's? I already have lift shackles so those will stay. If that wont work I am just concerned about how top heavy it will be with a 4" lift and lift shackles? I have been looking at rough country suspensions because they are cheap but does anybody have any input on how good these lifts are?
Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is 4 inches sua with 33s, skyjacker.

·
Vendor
5,527 Posts
Don't forget that shackles only lift half the distance of the shackle length, because they're only on one side (if you lift a stick 3" on the left, it's only 1.5" up in the middle).

·
Registered
10 Posts
from what I hear RC has fixed sagging problems with the springs but I also hear that they drive like crap offroad. Just go into the YJ Lift topic and there should be a few reviews on them.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f8/yj-lift-reviews-25156.html

rc makes a good yj kit, especially for the price, and they perform pretty well off road.

2.5 and those shackles will not clear 33's. personally i'd suggest a 4" kit w/ stock shackles. longer shackles really aren't that great. and after that, a little more dough will set you up with a spring over and 33's and thats a sweet set up, rides like stock and flexes like crazy.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
This is 4 inch procomp with 33/12.50/15's
87 wrangler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts