Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, finally time to get some lift and tires. I'm thinking just a 2 inch coil spring spacers. I do VERY little to no articulation, and mostly just light trail riding with some moderate mud. Not rock crawling or anything like that. Will this be sufficient to clear 35 inch tires? I currently still have stock fenders but am looking to swap those for some higher clearance off road fenders. I dont want to compromise performance at all, but really don't feel I need a full suspension overhaul. Plus trying to work in a little bit of a budget since rims and tires will go on with the lift... Sorry of this has been discussed already, new to both the forums and jeeping. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
letterskilled said:
Hey guys, finally time to get some lift and tires. I'm thinking just a 2 inch coil spring spacers. I do VERY little to no articulation, and mostly just light trail riding with some moderate mud. Not rock crawling or anything like that. Will this be sufficient to clear 35 inch tires? I currently still have stock fenders but am looking to swap those for some higher clearance off road fenders. I dont want to compromise performance at all, but really don't feel I need a full suspension overhaul. Plus trying to work in a little bit of a budget since rims and tires will go on with the lift... Sorry of this has been discussed already, new to both the forums and jeeping. Thanks for any help.
Something like a Teraflex 2.5" budget boost would allow you to clear 35s with your stock fenders. You could probably run the 35s with a 1.5" leveling kit if you went with flat flares, but would probably need to trim your pinch seam and possibly fun extended bumpstops.

However, "not compromising performance" and "35s" generally can't be said in the same sentence. Not sure what year jeep you have or what gears, but you can definitely expect a performance hit when going with 35s.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
07 unlimited. And when I say "performance", I really could care less about road performance, it's a 3 minute drive to work everyday. Majority of my miles are dirt roads and trails for fun on the weekend. Mostly just want to be able to sling a lil more mud. Thanks

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
letterskilled said:
07 unlimited. And when I say "performance", I really could care less about road performance, it's a 3 minute drive to work everyday. Majority of my miles are dirt roads and trails for fun on the weekend. Mostly just want to be able to sling a lil more mud. Thanks
In that case, go with the 2.5" budget boost, some 15" wheels (MB72S, Black Rock 909s, etc), and some 35s of your choice. Depending on how hard you beat on it and how heavy of a tire you go with, you may want to consider sleeves and viewers for the axle, though most don't have issues til they get to 37" + tires.

Also, some of the 07s came with 4.10 gears, so if you are one of those lucky ones, your on road performance won't take as huge of a hit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts