Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I've been driving my 2007 Sahara Unlimited off-road for 6 months, and have decided that it is time to get a lift and change the tires.
This is the first time that I'll be modifying a 4x4 and have really no idea what to choose. I've already found loads of info thanks to this great forum, but there are so many different choices! I was wondering about a Teraflex 2,5 or 3 ?
Concerning the tires, I was going to get 265-75-16 but is 285-75-16 a better choice?
All advice is welcome!
thanks!
Bel
PS: The Jeep is my every day drive

·
Registered
15 Posts
i mean...rough country 2.5" lift (replacement springs and shocks) give you a decent lift, and are perfect for 33's. At around 35 inch tires you'll want to consider re-gearing both front and rear axles. I would go with 33x12.5x15 (personally because i like the big tire, small wheel look)

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Xoe said:
Thanks, I wasn't sure that 15'' steel wheels would fit over the brakes?
They don't alloys do though. And I would too go for just 33s on either 16 or 17 16s are cheaper but whatever you want. Teraflex is a great product and when I lift I will be using them and prob the rancho 9000s which are adjustable and I hear are fantastic.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Kjeeper also will help with the install. :thumb:

:hide:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mainly off-road, looks don't bother me much! I don't just need clearance for tires but also height! But as I said the Jepp will still be my everyday car so I need her to drive ok in the highway. I have been researching, but there seems to be so many different choices! Over here i'm basically rock climbing, and also sand in the desert.
Also, can you get everything shipped over to europe or africa?
Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Kjeeper! Is it the rancho 9000 xl with 4'' lift? Would the rancho rs5000 with 2'' lift be better? What tires would you advice with that?
Will sure need your help with the install ;)

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Xoe said:
Thanks Kjeeper! Is it the rancho 9000 xl with 4'' lift? Would the rancho rs5000 with 2'' lift be better? What tires would you advice with that?
Will sure need your help with the install ;)
I haven't checked the site lately but I thought they figured it out.

The list I have shows 0-2"
4" short arm.
4" long arm.

You want the 4" short arm with any lift around 2.5-3"

Ken

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Could you send me the link to the online shop? The one I'm on only has long arm?!
For the tires, should I stick with 33's on 16's?

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Xoe said:
Could you send me the link to the online shop? The one I'm on only has long arm?!
For the tires, should I stick with 33's on 16's?
You can go anywhere.

Google rs999329xl jeep jk front shock
And rs999330xl jeep jk rear shock

Find the best value. Then go to the Rancho site and copy the rebate for the buy 3 get 4 promotion.

Try amazon first.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Ken! You've really helped me out! Will be bugging you again when I receive everything and need to install them! ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Xoe,
i Just purchased a RC 2 1/2 lift also got 285/75/16 on Procome 7069 wheels. Looks good, install myself in 2-3 hrs w/a couple beer breaks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you have been reading most of the posts, you will want to take it in a nd have an alignment afterwards. if nothing else, for peace of mind.

·
Registered
502 Posts
can anyone help me out here? i have been reading this post and i would like to put 33's on my 2012 jk 2 door. i was planning on buying 17x9 rims. what size tires should i go with? 33/12.5/17 or 286/70/17. any set up opinions would be greatly appreciated. wheel size, rim size and lift or no lift. thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Back again guys!
Thanks 72-2012, I will get an alignment done for sure afterwards!
I was following ken's advice on getting the Rancho 9000 but I have now been told (by friends who I drive off road with, mainly toyotas...) that the ranchos's aren't that good and tend to break? And if they do break when you're in the middle of nowhere you're in trouble! They also told me that as well as the shocks I should get a suspension lift because just shocks aren't tough enough for desert dunes and rock climbing?
As I said earlier, I'm a real noob and don't know if they're talking sh*t. (and I am kind off getting annoyed that my friends keep saying that jeep is crap compared to toyotas). I have planned a highish budget for getting this wrangler fully equipped , so please give me all the advice you can! thanks again guys!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts