Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at lifting my Jeep but starting out small with just a 2 or 2.5 lift. i was wondering if there are other things that need to be changed or replaced if do go with a 2.5 lift. or if i can can put the lift on and later get what needs to be changed out since im on a tight budget.

im looking at this one
Rough Country Jeep Wrangler 2.5" Suspension Lift - TJ / LJ - AutoTruckToys.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
You are exactly where I started a few weeks ago. I was steered away from RC. Some people have had sagging issues w/ there springs. They do come w/ a lifetime warranty but I wanted to do it right the first time. I am going to buy 2" bds coils and rancho rs9000xl shocks. The shocks have a buy 3 get one free rebate until the end of the month. I may add a 3/4" spacer in the front to level if needed.

From the research I have done the only thing I will need are bump stop extensions. New trackbars would be nice to re-center the axles but not necessary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah im the same, i want it done right the first time. i have a guy thats going to instruct me on how to install it myself so in case i do mess up he'll be there to assist.
And I really wouldnt want to have to deal with any companies warranty department haha

ive been told that i need to get adjustable trackbars, quick disconnects, sye, slip yoke, and a cv drive shaft. If its absolutely necessary ill wait to buy it all at once but if not i would like to buy it when money is available and do it by part
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
pne123 said:
You are exactly where I started a few weeks ago. I was steered away from RC. Some people have had sagging issues w/ there springs. They do come w/ a lifetime warranty but I wanted to do it right the first time. I am going to buy 2" bds coils and rancho rs9000xl shocks. The shocks have a buy 3 get one free rebate until the end of the month. I may add a 3/4" spacer in the front to level if needed.

From the research I have done the only thing I will need are bump stop extensions. New trackbars would be nice to re-center the axles but not necessary.
I bought some rs5000 couple weeks ago and got a 2" lift. I would try to find some springs that you want and just go buy some ranchos with the buy 4 for the price of 3. I'm also going to buy another .75 so i can run 33s with no rub
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
adj trackbars are not needed unless you want to recenter your axles. the quick disco are just a nice addition but not needed when doing the lift. if you get vibration you can just lower the transfer case w/ some washers. I would think the sye and new driveshaft be needed if you went higher. Why would you need if a new slip yoke if you were also doing a sye (slip yoke eliminator)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
I was going to get a 3" in the front and 2" in the rear to level it but someone said my springs are already sagging and I might be close to level after new coils. that is why i decided to just add the spacer afterwards if it is needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
pne123 said:
adj trackbars are not needed unless you want to recenter your axles. the quick disco are just a nice addition but not needed when doing the lift. if you get vibration you can just lower the transfer case w/ some washers. I would think the sye and new driveshaft be needed if you went higher. Why would you need if a new slip yoke if you were also doing a sye (slip yoke eliminator)?
Not needed, but highly recommended. My axle was an inch out of center after I put my lift on. If you go with larger tires, the stock track bar will also inward in a turn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
jwann01 said:
Not needed, but highly recommended. My axle was an inch out of center after I put my lift on. If you go with larger tires, the stock track bar will also inward in a turn.
That is flex inward!
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top