Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going the 2 inch Old Man Emu suspension lift, 1.25 inch JKS body lift with 1 inch motor mount lift route w/ 33's

Anything I am missing anything?

Poured through forums for weeks and I know people regear alot ( i have 3.73 w/ 4.0 auto) but that, financially, is not in the cards yet.

Also can anyone refer a REPUTABLE person in the Metro Detroit Area for installation?

Thanks from a new Jeeper!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Good choice. I run the same set up but I also added a 3/4 inch spring spacer up front just to make the Jeep sit level.

Those gears will need to be changed out in time running the larger tires. Not sure what type of driving or wheeling you do but you may also want to consider upgrading the axles too.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
You will be ok with 3.73 and 33's which is what I have. Some say is is not satiscfactory but many like me seem to agree, if is fine.

If you have not researched it, installing a lift is not that complicated and will save a lot of money. There is a lot of info on the forums, web and manufactuer's sites how to install. The majority of the steps are the same for a budget boost or a spring lift. Different sources have some different tips/tricks so read a number of them. Get under the vehicle and become familiar with what they are talking about. Then you can decide if you can do it. Regardless if you do not do it it, it's a good to know how it is supposed to be done.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Going the 2 inch Old Man Emu suspension lift, 1.25 inch JKS body lift with 1 inch motor mount lift route w/ 33's

Anything I am missing anything?

Poured through forums for weeks and I know people regear alot ( i have 3.73 w/ 4.0 auto) but that, financially, is not in the cards yet.

Also can anyone refer a REPUTABLE person in the Metro Detroit Area for installation?

Thanks from a new Jeeper!
don't forget bumpstop extensions. with 33's thats going to be about 1.25"-1.5" in front and at least 1.3" in the rear. OME only includes 0.8" rear extensions with their kit.

as for regearing - what year auto? 32RH or 42RLE? if its the 42RLE, it will suck bad. the 42RLE needs 4.88s for 33s, so 3.73s will suck something fierce. the 32RH won't be as bad, as that tranny only needs 4.10s for 33s.

the REPUTABLE people to install the lift and everything is you. you do the work yourself, then you know its correct...and you learn a bunch in the process. there are plenty of write ups and instructions, and it's not hard just time consuming.

·
Registered
214 Posts
To many pieces to lift your jeep IMO. I'm in Jackson and have looked at Planet Power Sports Truck Center in Coldwater. I believe they do installs and probably will have you leaning toward a 4" Zone lift with upgraded shocks, instead of the option you posted. I'm lifting mine myself as I have a heated shop and hoist.

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good choice. I run the same set up but I also added a 3/4 inch spring spacer up front just to make the Jeep sit level.

Those gears will need to be changed out in time running the larger tires. Not sure what type of driving or wheeling you do but you may also want to consider upgrading the axles too.

Your jeep was the inspiration for what I want my lift to look like. Clean, even, etc

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
don't forget bumpstop extensions. with 33's thats going to be about 1.25"-1.5" in front and at least 1.3" in the rear. OME only includes 0.8" rear extensions with their kit.

as for regearing - what year auto? 32RH or 42RLE? if its the 42RLE, it will suck bad. the 42RLE needs 4.88s for 33s, so 3.73s will suck something fierce. the 32RH won't be as bad, as that tranny only needs 4.10s for 33s.

the REPUTABLE people to install the lift and everything is you. you do the work yourself, then you know its correct...and you learn a bunch in the process. there are plenty of write ups and instructions, and it's not hard just time consuming.
I may be the LEAST mechanically inclined person on the earth...lol

You know that guy that puts stuff together and always has pieces left over? Thats me.

Wrong guy for a Jeep but it is my dream car!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I may be the LEAST mechanically inclined person on the earth...lol

You know that guy that puts stuff together and always has pieces left over? Thats me.

Wrong guy for a Jeep but it is my dream car!
Owning a Jeep will teach you how to use a more than a few tools, :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts