Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a few questions. my 00 sport has a 2"bl and stock suspension. i am thinking of changing the body lift to 1in and putting a 2" susp lift under it? how will the driving change? better/worse? what all is included in doing the lift say lift is $250 for all the suspension parts. but will it need longer drive shaft, pitmon arm, steering stabilizers? my step dad has had a bunch of lifted older model chevrolets he said i should just leave the 2in bl and if i want it higher build on the suspension. but i really dont want to go over 3in or 3 1/2. (2in susp and 1in body is what i had in mind. but i need some other thoughts and ideas i dont want the thing to be too sketchy to drive if my gf drives it and crashes it i would kill some one lol

·
Registered
839 Posts
wow really a stock jeep crash could kill some one so throw that question right out the window. im now on my second jeep and both have had 3 1/2 inch lifts. they do ride different but driving is the same just slower around corners. unless ur goin 100mph its not goin to be sketchy.well 80mph gets a lil sketchy for me. (cali highways SUCK). are you goin to get bigger tires? are you goin to wheel it? u will not need a new driveshaft at 2in. u will not need a new drop pitman. u will most likly want to do a new steering stabilizer. and theres about a billion different ways you could get to 3 inches so get there how ever u want theres 3 in lifts and theres 3 in BLs so pick and choose. i personaly have always felt that having everything in the susp is the best way. thats just me tho.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow really a stock jeep crash could kill some one so throw that question right out the window. im now on my second jeep and both have had 3 1/2 inch lifts. they do ride different but driving is the same just slower around corners. unless ur goin 100mph its not goin to be sketchy.well 80mph gets a lil sketchy for me. (cali highways SUCK). are you goin to get bigger tires? are you goin to wheel it? u will not need a new driveshaft at 2in. u will not need a new drop pitman. u will most likly want to do a new steering stabilizer. and theres about a billion different ways you could get to 3 inches so get there how ever u want theres 3 in lifts and theres 3 in BLs so pick and choose. i personaly have always felt that having everything in the susp is the best way. thats just me tho.

right now its got 33x12.5s and i dont plan on doing a lot of hardcore wheeling to start but im sure once i start i will get into it pretty heavy. probably gonna look at 2in susp and 1in body then. cuz i dont want to get into changing a lot of diff things. its only got 109k still tryin to baby it some lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts