Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally conned my wife into the whole jeep idea and we just got a brand new 06 rubicon in impact orange. she wants to do 33's and i want 35's and i dont think im going to win. so for 33's do i go with the rubicon express 4.5 long arm or the 5.5 long arm?? will the 5.5 look funny with 33's?

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
Welcome to WF and congrats on the new rubicon.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
will the 5.5 look funny with 33's?
IMO, yes it's a lot of lift for 33's. I'm running RE 5.5" coils on my lift and with 35's there is plenty of clearance. A lot of guys run 35's with the 4.5" springs.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Depending on how many skid plates, tire carriers etc you have on your rig most of the time the RE springs net a little more lift than stated. I'm thinking you could easily go with even a 3.5" RE spring and 33's. The 5.5" RE and 33's might look a little misproportioned. :)

Check out this thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/showthread.php?t=4400

Oh! Almost forgot - Welcome aboard!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,629 Posts
RE's 5.5" is excessively tall for 33" tires, go for the 4.5". RE's lifts are generally a good inch above their advertised height so their 4.5" is more like someone else's 5.5" lift. I'm running an RE 4.5" suspension lift and a 1" body lift with my 35" tires and I have enough clearance to go with at least 37" tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am going to put a toys by troy stinger front bumper, rear bumper, tire swing, and a winch. thanks for all the help what does everyone think of the RE4.5 long arm kit?? what are the advantages to the long arm vice the super flex???

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
I've got 33s with a 3-4" lift and this is how it looks.

·
Registered
973 Posts
what do you think is the best deal(nothing over $500) on a suspension lift over 2"? I have 32x11.5, i plan on getting 33x12.5 eventually, but im runnning stock suspension...

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Amy, did you regear?
what gears do you have?

5.5" is way too tall for 33's. many guys run 37's with that setup! i think 4.5" is too tall also unless your loaded down with armor. 3.5" should be perfect. especially since you'll probably net 4" anyway. theres a lot of people running the 5.5" coils that netted 7" out of them. WAY to much for the 33's and if you get 5" out of the 4.5 that'll be a little high also unless you do some rockcrawling. the 3.5" will suit you good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I run a rock krawler 3 and a half on 33s and its a awsome set up the arms are solid instead of dom tubing you might want to look into this kit..we live in phoenix and do plenty of rock crawlin with this kit the solid arms helps to slide over some larger rocks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts