Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am not looking for a what's the best lift kit discussion, I know there are many. I am more concerned with the opinions of those experience with the kits listed below who can make a recommendation based on my driving situation. Thanks for any help in advance.

Ideally I would like to run 33x12.5, probably going to be Duratracs, and I am interested in:
BDS 3"
RE 3.5 SA
RE 3.5 LA
BDS 4.5 SA
BDS 4.5 LA

I really like BDS, have always had a good experience with them in the past so I am inclined to them, BUT if I don't really need 4.5" then those can be disregarded.

I work 30 days in Northeast PA, then I am home for 15 days in Louisville. It is a 12 hour all interstate drive. Then when I am in PA, the roads are trash, potholes and ruts everywhere. I drive around quite a bit. Also, multiple times a day I have to drive down rig roads. Rig roads are made by D10 dozer making a path through trees or field, sometimes the inclines are ridiculous, any larger rocks left in the ground just poke up into the road. They never level or flat. Sometime they will put gravel on them.... sometimes not. So essentially, I have two big 12 hour interstate trips per month and then I spend a month making short trips and essentially "wheeling". So here is my dilemma, should I get a lift that emphasizes one of those driving environments or should I get one that works well for both? And which do you think each is.

Phew... so there's all that. Thanks for all your help guys!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I run the 4.5" BDS coils on my rig with higher quality shocks and control arms than what BDS offers. I drove 12 hours round trip from Philly to Bradford PA and my rig wore me out. I definitely wouldn't want any of those kits you listed installed on my rig if I planned frequent long mileage trips.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, thats the kind of thing I need to think about too, thanks man

1 - 3 of 3 Posts