Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I purchased a jks 2" coil lift that comes with nothing but coils and rear swar bar links. In conjunction with that i purchased a rough country 1.25" body lift with shifter adapter (so you dont have to cut the boot) and bumper brackets. (So there is no gap) my current setup is jks quick discos up front. (0-2") crown auto 1.75" coil spacer lift. Rancho 7000mt shocks (0-2") teraflex rear track bar bracket. And Synergy rear brake line extension brackets. Plus or mines some other stuff. Anyways im trying to salvage as much as i can. I know i can keep the quick discos (they might be a hair off parallel but that nbd) extensions and tb bracket ons. But the question is this, is it wise to keep the shocks and just get extensions? I know it will limit the up travel but by how much? I will have 35's on it. Specifically fierce attitudes. Im thinking the bumpstop i may need will void any problems that might result from using the extensions but thats why im asking. Also what are thoughts on a front track bar and ca drop brackets with 2" of lift. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Body lift not in the suspension equation. Going from 1.75" puck to 2" coil. You will be fine. Shocks as well. Is your front axle off center now? How much? I'd get adjustable trac bars front and rear. Forget the brackets.

Bob K.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Body lift not in the suspension equation. Going from 1.75" puck to 2" coil. You will be fine. Shocks as well. Is your front axle off center now? How much? I'd get adjustable trac bars front and rear. Forget the brackets. Bob K.
The front looks ok, the rear was off but the bracket fixed it. I need to retain at least the rear bracket to keep it off my poison spyder rear diff cover.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
OP, the setup you have obviously works but you are slowiy building a Frankenlift. The main problem is getting help from anyone in particular the manufacturers because it becomes too difficult even for you to decipher all of the interactions of the different parts to troubleshoot any problem. Just consider your post, it took 80% of a longer post just to describe your setup.

I'm not trying to criticize your build but it is just something to consider. :)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OP, the setup you have obviously works but you are slowiy building a Frankenlift. The main problem is getting help from anyone in particular the manufacturers because it becomes too difficult even for you to decipher all of the interactions of the different parts to troubleshoot any problem. Just consider your post, it took 80% of a longer post just to describe your setup. I'm not trying to criticize your build but it is just something to consider. :)
True, it is becoming a bit of a frakenlift lol however i dont mind that. No company does everything perfect. Every single piece of aftermarket equipment serves a purpose on my jeep. Moreover there is a reason i chose that part over the same part another manufacturer makes. Sometimes i did wish i had just gotten one thing and been done with it already lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts