Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a lift but have no clue.i have a stock(i think,other than the tires 31)2004 sport it's my DD and I drive it on the highway for school every weekday.i kinda want a smoother ride also but it's ok I can still tolerate it.i haven't done any wheeling yet,but plan to like every now and then and if I do I bet ill be just doing light stuff.i also don't want that tall either.i hope I'm not asking to much.what should I do?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Budget boost and some good shocks will give you a little lift on the cheap and putting money into good shocks is one of the best things you can do to smooth out the ride.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine 98 is also my dd, and I went with 31s and a 2 inch bb. It's very cheap and maintains the stock ride without replacing anything (though many people do recommend getting new shocks). It's a good combination as far as height and tire size I think, and you can also do a pretty fair amount off road with the setup, especially with the front sway bars disconnected.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I want to get a lift but have no clue.i have a stock(i think,other than the tires 31)2004 sport it's my DD and I drive it on the highway for school every weekday.i kinda want a smoother ride also but it's ok I can still tolerate it.i haven't done any wheeling yet,but plan to like every now and then and if I do I bet ill be just doing light stuff.i also don't want that tall either.i hope I'm not asking to much.what should I do?
Go with the BDS 2" lift which is just shocks and springs.

2003-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ Standard 6.5" lift kit 467H | BDS Suspension

·
Registered
759 Posts
2.5" Rancho Suspension life + 1" body lift. SYE kit 32" tires
p.s. like the fenders? custom baby

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
What does BDS stand for
BDS is a manufacturer. They make good riding lifts. I would recommend them, Zone, or OME lifts. Best riding scenario and performance would be go to with new springs and shocks versus spacers. Little more pricey but well worth it. BDS stands for 'Big Dong' Suspensions. j/k, I really don't know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts