Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 in Rough Country and a 3 in body lift on my 94 yj, but it doesent ride very well (its called Rough Country for a reason!) and i would like to get more travel out of it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
That depends on tire size and budget. I'm running 1.5" SOA with 37 12.5 R16.5 . That's about 7.5 in of lift, wasn't cheap to.do but I.got a lot of flex and clearance.

·
Registered
698 Posts
First, take that BL off. I wouldn't go over an 1" with a BL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 33 12.5 and not a big budget, how much would a decent one cost?

Also why wouldnt you go over a 1in BL?

·
Registered
372 Posts
The bigger the body lift, the more body lean you get when driving. Are you looking for more articulation, clearance, or better ride?

More articulation: teraflex revolvers

More clearance: take off the body lift and do a SOA. An SOA is not as simple as it may seem. Do some research and make sure to do it right.

Better ride: you will have to get a higher quality suspension lift with better tuned springs, or switch to a coilover style with progressive springs.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's a jeep, not a Cadillac. With a budget and sticking with 33's, I would ditch the body lift, maybe do 1". Keep the RC 4" lift, but ad boomerang schackles. Also get a better shock, like bilstein. Ditch the track bars, and check tire pressure. I run 25 pounds on the street. The only other thing you can do is install new seats.

Not including seats, you can do it all for $500

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just bought a 94 donor jeep that has a 3" body lift installed on top of the factory bushings. The PO hit a tree in the front end. If you look underneath it, you can see that the body shifted forward about six inches. He wasn't going too awfully fast when he wrecked. When people on here say that they are dangerous, that is an understatement. I'll post pics later if I can get them to upload

1 - 7 of 7 Posts