Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a lift, not looking at anything bigger then 4in. super short on money so lets just say I am looking for the low budget lift. please and thank you for your help. 91 yj 5 speed inline 6 if needed to know.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Zone 2 inch then add 1inch lift boomerang shackles to it. It will get you off the ground a little but and still work on the trails

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I have a Zone 2" and got 2.5-3" from it. I couldn't be happier with the ride I got, compared to all the others I have installed. If/when I go SOA, I will not have too much lift in the springs. I also have a 3" body lift as of now that was free so I used it.
I am not a fan of long shackles myself. Rough Country and Zone are the most affordable and complete lifts I have found. Zone has much better springs. Good luck

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Rough country is backed by a lifetime warranty as zone is not

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Ianbeaulieu said:
Rough country is backed by a lifetime warranty as zone is not
Warranty is not everything. I run an hvac service dept. And as warranty may sell some things check into BDS which is who makes the springs for Zone. Then ride in a YJ with each lift, you will change your mind.
I lift trucks in my spare time and know the difference in quality v.s warranty

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
d5string said:
Warranty is not everything. I run an hvac service dept. And as warranty may sell some things check into BDS which is who makes the springs for Zone. Then ride in a YJ with each lift, you will change your mind.
I lift trucks in my spare time and know the difference in quality v.s warranty
Very trite

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Bds and zone share many of the same parts from distributors but zone is not owned by bds. I have been very happy with my Rubicon express products but when I had my yj I had a skyjacker lift on it. It did the job too. As a piece of advice, and that's it, save a little longer and buy a quality lift. If that's not in the cards pull the trigger on something you can afford. You can learn a great deal from working on fixing cheap lift problems and that's valuable info too, I've learned a lot that way.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Very trite
Seriously......? There is no need to be like that.
I answered the question with knowledge of both products and personal experiences from both brands mentioned. BDS makes the springs for Zone and they are of much higher quality. This is a fact.
I have 6 Jeeps (various models) and all have lifts. RE and RC, but I have yet to find a better quality lift for a YJ for the money than the Zone 2" and 4" lifts.
I do not work for them or get money from them of any sort for posting positive things about them. I am trying to help someone, why you want to be rude I do not understand. This site is much better than that.
RubiconExpress makes awesome lifts and I install a lot of them, but I did not mention them due to the original question in the original post. Price is a big factor from what I got out of reading it. Zone and RC are the closest in price for complete lifts and that is what I was trying to give info on

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
d5string said:
Seriously......? There is no need to be like that.
I answered the question with knowledge of both products and personal experiences from both brands mentioned. BDS makes the springs for Zone and they are of much higher quality. This is a fact.
I have 6 Jeeps (various models) and all have lifts. RE and RC, but I have yet to find a better quality lift for a YJ for the money than the Zone 2" and 4" lifts.
I do not work for them or get money from them of any sort for posting positive things about them. I am trying to help someone, why you want to be rude I do not understand. This site is much better than that.
RubiconExpress makes awesome lifts and I install a lot of them, but I did not mention them due to the original question in the original post. Price is a big factor from what I got out of reading it. Zone and RC are the closest in price for complete lifts and that is what I was trying to give info on
My bad, my phone auto corrected it lol I ment to say very true

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Ianbeaulieu said:
My bad, my phone auto corrected it lol I ment to say very true
Ha ha ha ha ha....you just accidentally pissed of one guy and caused a bunch of others to look up the definition of trite. Its the ghost of steve jobs up to no good this Halloween season...too soon?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
jrussblues said:
Ha ha ha ha ha....you just accidentally pissed of one guy and caused a bunch of others to look up the definition of trite. Its the ghost of steve jobs up to no good this Halloween season...too soon?
Haha stupid smart phones :p

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
That's kinda funny. Hope everyone realizes the harmful words were meant.

Who even uses the the word "trite" anyways.

Word of the day?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Speedy4x4 said:

Word of the day?
Voted lol

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Speedy4x4 said:

Word of the day?

I knew I'd mess something up.
Replace were with weren't...

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I have had my smart phone make me feel not so smart a few times. I am use to some of the other sites and how some people talk so much trash. This is my favorite Jeep site out there.

Did you ever figure-out what kind of lift you are going with? With the YJ there are so many choices over all, but not so many cheap ones

1 - 17 of 17 Posts