Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just got a 06 Rubicon I'm planing on running 35's with a RE 3.5in lift and a JKS 1.25in BL and a 1in MM lift.

Questions
1. Is there any thing I'm missing to run that setup?
2. I'm wondering if 35's might be 2 much for the D44's to handle i have spoke to a few people that say never go wheeling with D44's and 35's. Is there any merit to what they say?
and 3. I have no 3 for now but I'm sure i will when people start chiming in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Dana 44 can handle 35s, its the Dana 35 you don't want when running 35s. And congrats on the rubi
Thanks and my goal is at some point in 2012 heading to the Rubicon trail. Anyone wanna go?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hey, a fellow VA jeeper! I am also an 06 rubi owner. I am also looking at lifts and thinking of the RE 3.5 and 33s just dont know how soon. What made you decide to do this set up?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, a fellow VA jeeper! I am also an 06 rubi owner. I am also looking at lifts and thinking of the RE 3.5 and 33s just dont know how soon. What made you decide to do this set up?
I have heard good things about it and wanted to be able to get 35's on while keeping it as low as I could. I think this is my best option

·
Registered
173 Posts
Check out a user on here called Imped. He has the best build thread for a jeep on 35s. If you wanna do 35s right, do what he did.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Rocking 35s on a 30 and a 44 no issues 4in Clayton lift with JKS discos nothing crazy. works great on the trails. 35 is the limit for dana 30s and 44s you'll be alright

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Those of you wanting the RE 3.5... get the 4.5 kit with adjustable uppers. You'll need them. Just swap the 4.5 springs for 3.5 when ordering.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those of you wanting the RE 3.5... get the 4.5 kit with adjustable uppers. You'll need them. Just swap the 4.5 springs for 3.5 when ordering.
Is it really worth the price difference?

Also thanks for the 35's info everyone:thumb:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes it is. Because it comes with a front adjustable track bar and all 4 upper control arms in adjustable form.

Better yet, go this route and get an SYE & Drive Shaft included. Jason is good people, it's who I got my kit from.
Rubicon Express RE7000 4.5 Super-Flex Kit & SYE Combo Save Big
Your rubi's NVG241OR transfer case is equipped with a fixed flange output (no slip yoke), so you won't need a SYE. But it still has a single cardan driveshaft. With that much lift you'll likely get driveline vibes and need a CV (double cardan) driveshaft. And x2 on the previous comments about adjustable control arms to correct the pinion angle.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Your rubi's NVG241OR transfer case is equipped with a fixed flange output (no slip yoke), so you won't need a SYE. But it still has a single cardan driveshaft. With that much lift you'll likely get driveline vibes and need a CV (double cardan) driveshaft. And x2 on the previous comments about adjustable control arms to correct the pinion angle.
Oops :redface: - Forgot about the Rubicon part. Yes, a CV type shaft will help, no SYE needed... but still, the added control arms and track bar will definitely make a difference in the lift. The basic 3.5SF kit is BASIC at best, and skipping a lot of stuff that is necessary, even for 3.5" springs.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So should i get the 4.5 kit instead? I was going to try to keep it under 4in so that way i wouldn't have to worry with alot of the outer stuff. but if i have to any way......

I should get the

Rubicon Express RE7000 4.5 Super-Flex Kit & SYE Combo Save Big

With the Monotube shocks - up grade the lower control arms - and do the adjustable rear track bar that should be everything i need to do to have a good on and off road ride?

I'm not worried about spending the money just getting the best bang for the buck and still having quality.

Also do I only need a rear DS or do I need the front also?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dose anyone else know I'm hopeing to start ordering next week

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Do some research on RE and checkout the problems they have with the bushings in their control arms. They haven't proven to be the most reliable. I'd look at something that uses Johnny Joints instead.

·
Vendor
6,293 Posts
If you are not worried about the cost and want a great product, do Rock Krawler. Here is the 3.5 Short Arm Flex System. Shipped for $1176.50 on sale from me! A set of RE mono Tubes for $286.30 shipped and your good to go. Yes get a new rear CV shaft. Should be able to get away with the front. Wheel it and see if you need the front later.

Have a great day!

Allen

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why are you dead set on RE?
Do some research on RE and checkout the problems they have with the bushings in their control arms. They haven't proven to be the most reliable. I'd look at something that uses Johnny Joints instead.
I'm not dead set on RE just originally i was looking at them because they made a 3.5in lift and i have herd alot about if you go over 4in there is alot that needs to be done to make it a good DD. if there are any other options out there i would love to hear them.

What are johnny joints never herd of them but that doesn't surprise me I'm a newB

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you are not worried about the cost and want a great product, do Rock Krawler. Here is the 3.5 Short Arm Flex System. Shipped for $1176.50 on sale from me! A set of RE mono Tubes for $286.30 shipped and your good to go. Yes get a new rear CV shaft. Should be able to get away with the front. Wheel it and see if you need the front later.

Have a great day!

Allen
Haven't herd much about Rock Krawler ill have to read up on them

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
What are johnny joints never herd of them but that doesn't surprise me I'm a newB
Johnny Joints are the joint made by Currie. Checkout their page here for some more info:

Johnny Joint®

Google should be able to tell you more than I ever could. In short, I've yet to see a joint that I'd run over a JJ; find me something that lasts as long as a JJ does for as little maintenance as they require and I'll run it. Thus far, nothing has really come close to the JJ.

Currie, Savvy, Rokmen and a few others offer JJs in their arms. In my opinion, Savvy has one of the best bolt-on suspension lifts out there. If you truly want quality parts that won't let you down, those companies listed above are where you'll want to start looking.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts