Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to have a local shop install my lift on the new JK.
They appear to be a great shop and have done tons of jeeps.
What should I look for when I go to pick it up.
It's a 3.5" JKS lift.
Are there any shortcuts a pro may take I should check for? I don't think this is that kind of a shop, but Want to make sure I am looking over everything I can.
- does it drive straight?
- no wobble?
- anything I'm missing

·
Registered
554 Posts
If your control arms or track bar have any type of flex joints make sure they are straight, this is something the alignment shop didn't pay attention too and i had to have them fix it after my alignment.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
After just DIYing my 2.5 JSpec lift (kits are close), there is not much you can short cut IF you are following directions.
The only things I can think of would be :
-Spring orientation - the directions are specific about which way the winding stops/starts and where it sits in the isolator but you could toss them in
-As kjeeper10 mentions...did you buy control arm brackets? If so, not loosening the other end of the arms (axle side) when installing would cause a state of bind. Same for rear track bar upper bolt. The brackets also have different torque specs on the tops versus bottom bolts
-Painting under the front bump stops before mounting. That spot had some rust and I did not like the idea of putting that silver puck on top of the rust. Plus I was OCD on getting those pucks centered because the mounting point is not exactly round.
-Skipping Loctite locations...driveshaft at axle flange (supposed to be removed for install), adjustment nut on the front track bar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts