Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I do have another question though......Do I need to install the transfer case lowering kit on an '03 Rubicon? I have the 3.5" RE standard lift. RE said that I prob would but might not have to.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
You can always get it installed and try it without. I had to install one on my 03 Rubi with a 4" lift until I added the CV DS.

All Jeeps are different so I'd try it without first.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what RE said on the phone. Is it difficult to install that? I figure if I'm already workin on it, why not just put in the TC lowering kit while I'm at it? What would be the advantage of not putting it in, just time saved?

·
Registered
62 Posts
takes about 10 min to install a TC lowering kit. and can be done with basic hand tools. IF you can get away with out using it then thats the best option as you lose ground clearence under the belly with it on.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If you do get some vibes, try adding a couple of washers instead of the drop kit. Sometimes you just need a tiny bit of drop and that's enough. No need to go full drop unless you really have to.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
OK, ground clearance, should have thought of that. Thats what I'll do then, try it without then try just adding washers if needed. Thanks for the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts