Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the coil springs on the JK cracked so I took her in for a factory suspension replacement. Seeing as no suspension work had ever been done I decided to redo the factory suspension completely. The tech informed me that for only a bit more he could do a Rough Country 2.5 lift.

Now I have seen mixed reviews but it seems that their recent product is squared away. I also figured a new RK suspension would be a great improvement over the 76 thousand mile suspension that was on it.

Thankfully these guys are known for quality work and they did not disappoint The handling is fine and the ride is way better than it was. Took in and washed it at work today so I thought I would post a pic. Now all I have to do is pick a 33" tire and wheel combo.

image-3931494590.jpg

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Looks good..Look into the Discount Tire Direct "The combo"..It's 33/12.5/15 Goodyear Duratracs on Level8 Trackers. Very affordable.

Or for a bit more if you want to stay with 16's you could do 305/70/16 or 285/75/16 both are 33's.

Mine with 305/70/16 on Level8 Trackers 16x8.5 with 4.5" of backspacing.

If you decide to do 17" wheels then be prepared to pay quite a bit more. Less side wall for airing down, but better if you ever want to go to oversized brakes etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts