Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done installing my rc 2.5 lift kit on my 98 tj.

Next thing is tires.
Was thinking 32in Bfg a/t

I do about 80% road and 20% offroad.
What do you guys think I should go with.
31's or 32's??

·
I'm not lost
1,974 Posts
Come on now. You can't say you added a lift and not show us pictures :) just not right ;-)

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Not to mention why 32's? Prices going to be better on 33's.:thumb:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha I would post up pics but by the time I got done it was pitch black outside! Will get some pics up soon.

But I don't want 33's because this is my dd and don't want to be running them with 3.73 gearing.

Not sure how the 31 ground clearance is for off roading so I figured 32 would be better and prob. The largest size I would go ( for now) ;)

Btw I'm running 235/75/15 right now.

·
Registered
506 Posts
If you want 32's, why not get 33's? 33's are usually 32.1-32.7 anyway.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys! just ordered some cragar soft 8's. got a awesome quote for 32's at a nearby shop. stoked to get them soon!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only got a few miles in with them, but I like them so far. Still debating how much psi to put in. It was at 50psi in the back and 40 psi in the front.
I put 45 psi in all of them.
Been reading on here that guys put in like 30 psi. Will have to do the chalk test.

·
4 Little Squirrels
717 Posts
98tj.steven said:
Only got a few miles in with them, but I like them so far. Still debating how much psi to put in. It was at 50psi in the back and 40 psi in the front.
I put 45 psi in all of them.
Been reading on here that guys put in like 30 psi. Will have to do the chalk test.
45 is waaaaayyyyyy too high. I run 25 on the street.

·
4 Little Squirrels
717 Posts
How does it wear and mpg with 25 psi?
7k miles and still barely any wear, mpg wise, my little 4 banger is pushin 17-18 on the highway and 14-15 city.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts