Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Jeep back from the shop. I had the following installed: RK 2.5" Max Travel lift, Bilstein shocks, JE Reel front driveshaft, Ace Rock Rails, Rubi take off rails. Very happy with how it turned out!

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Very nice, that's a good looking rig. How are you liking the Bilsteins?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Wow...what a difference. Time to change the avatar pic. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Very nice rig you got there mate!! I was also wanting to go with a 2.5, but leaning more towards teraflex. How are those treating you so far?!

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good but wats with the limiting straps?
He explained it to me twice and I didn't fully understand. The gist of it is something fitting too tight on the 2012, need to put those in so it wouldn't break something else. He called Rock Krawler and discussed it with them and this was the solution they came up with.

Wondering the same. But it looks sweet. What rails did you go with? Looks like you have 2 sets.
I have rubicon rails and Ace Rock Rails. The Ace rails were designed to fit with the rubicon rails. So I got a set of the rubi rails used for $125 w/o the hardware so bought the hardware separately. That's was a good deal until I found out the shop I got everything installed at sells the rubi rails for $120 with the hardware.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow...what a difference. Time to change the avatar pic. :thumb:
Done!

Now I just need to add your front bumper! :D

Very nice, that's a good looking rig. How are you liking the Bilsteins?
So far so good, though I've only driven it for about 10 miles. I did notice that the ride seems better, especially when going around corners. The stock suspension always seems kind of bouncy on corners.

Very nice rig you got there mate!! I was also wanting to go with a 2.5, but leaning more towards teraflex. How are those treating you so far?!
I had a few estimates for the same setup with a Teraflex lift. I liked the RK kit because it's a complete kit. Putting together the same components with Teraflex still ends up being similarly priced. I ended up going with the RK because I read a lot of good things about it. Teraflex was my second choice.

I doubt there is much difference either way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts