Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my OME 2.5" lift kit (all it included was four HD springs and four shocks). Dave at Northridge also sent me the exhaust spacers, but I didn't end up needing them. The clearance regarding the driveshaft wasn't even CLOSE to an issue!

Anyway, it was a beetch to do, but I stuck to it and got it done. Had to take off about one full circle of coil on the fronts because I couldn't get the axle to come down far enough. I even stopped to call a local 4wd shop who told me I couldn't do it without a new driveshaft and he would charge me $440 (including alignment).

So, my only question is do my tires look to small now? I am looking at some 275-70-18 which would take them from 32's to 33's. I can't go any bigger cause I have 3.21 gears and I am not regearing.

I'll tell ya one thing...my freakin back hurts! But my wallet doesn't!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
I think that it looks good as well. We aren't the ones that have to be happy with it. If you like the way it looks leave it. Bottom Line is that your ride looks sharp as it sits!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's wrong with the tires you have on now?

I have 275/70r18's and they perfect for DD
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love my setup. However, sometimes when I look at it, they look too small. I have 275/65/18's on there now. I would really like to get some bushwacker flat fenders, but I can't decide.

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
Just a suggestion, if you ever decide to take it off road, keep the sway bar links connected, unless you've done some after market modifications to brake lines or disconnected the brackets.

looks good and you'll love ome!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Ahh the "look small syndrome" lol they are fine.. Use them for now and when the time comes, get the ones you want..

I will probably be getting 285/70r18 when my time comes.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh the "look small syndrome" lol they are fine.. Use them for now and when the time comes, get the ones you want..

I will probably be getting 285/70r18 when my time comes.

I really wish I could find some pics with this lift and flat fenders. I saw one with 33's and it looked damn good!

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love my setup. However, sometimes when I look at it, they look too small. I have 275/65/18's on there now. I would really like to get some bushwacker flat fenders, but I can't decide.

The flat fenders would look sick on your ride. Carful though they will make your "tires look small" syndrome worse since they open up the wheel well. I'm looking into these after I regear...

Smittybilt 76880 - Smittybilt XRC Armor Front Fenders for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

These 35's are awesome but killing me with the regear not done yet. I think the way they open up the wheel well will look great though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts