Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after hours and hours of research, I've come down to two tire choices...

Choice 1: BF Goodrich KO2 - 35x12.5R17/E 121R

Choice 2: Nitto Ridge Grappler - 35x12.5R17/E 121Q

A) If you have either of these tires on a vehicle, would you purchase them again or would you not purchase them again. Also, how many miles do you have on them?

B) Any reason why I shouldn't go with either of these tires?

I have a 2015 JKUR, AEV 2.5" lift and the tires will be mounted to 17x9 Rims with 4.75 backspace.

I am leaning towards the Nitto Ridge Grappler though. More so for the look though...

Thank you in advance for any input.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Unfortunately can't speak to the Nitto. I have KO2's on both vehicles (315/70-17 on the wife's JKU, 305/65-18 on my JKR), and they have performed above expectations in any condition I've thrown at them.

I have 1200 miles on my JKR's KO2's, and the wife's JKU has 1800 miles on them, after 5900 miles on worn KO's that were on it when we bought the beast.

O_E

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Glad you finally got the lift done. After doing my lift, I drove around on stock wheels and 265/70R17s for a couple of weeks. It looked a bit odd.

Just got my Cooper ST Maxx 295/70R17 and Quadratec Hardrock wheels on a couple of days ago.

I love the look. They ride well on the highway. Haven't been off road yet.

They are smaller than you're looking for. They measure almost exactly 33" mounted.

I can't really give you any input other than they look great.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
I love my Toyo's Mts, my other suggestion would be the RTs. Of your selection I would definitely go with the Nittos.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very happy with the Ridge Grapplers

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

I put these on at 1500 miles and now have 4500 miles 35/12.50/17", been to Moab and some local trails and really like them, i purchased load E, they seem a little stiff maybe it's my shocks or maybe they just need to be driven more "Broken in".
Anyways they are rock solid on the trails sand, rocks, slate, sandstone they were inspiring for sure, aired down to 17 psi on the trails and rides like a Cadillac, super smooth and super quiet on the highway, when these need replacing i'll be getting more.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you finally got the lift done. After doing my lift, I drove around on stock wheels and 265/70R17s for a couple of weeks. It looked a bit odd.

Just got my Cooper ST Maxx 295/70R17 and Quadratec Hardrock wheels on a couple of days ago.

I love the look. They ride well on the highway. Haven't been off road yet.

They are smaller than you're looking for. They measure almost exactly 33" mounted.

I can't really give you any input other than they look great.
The lift was a pain in the a$$ but was a blast to install!

Those look real nice. I parked near a 2 door Jeep at the tire store that just had 33" KO2 put on and they appeared to be the same size as my stock tires. That's what made me decide on the 35" tires. I'm about 85% there on 35" tires, still not sure if I should go with the 33" tires, just don't want to regret it and certainly need to pull the trigger at some point.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love my Toyo's Mts, my other suggestion would be the RTs. Of your selection I would definitely go with the Nittos.
I have the stock MT on the Jeep now and loved the look of them, still love them and they have about 40% tread left. I was really considering getting another set of MT tires but man they are loud as they get worn.

·
Registered
598 Posts

Those look real nice. I parked near a 2 door Jeep at the tire store that just had 33" KO2 put on and they appeared to be the same size as my stock tires. That's what made me decide on the 35" tires. I'm about 85% there on 35" tires, still not sure if I should go with the 33" tires, just don't want to regret it and certainly need to pull the trigger at some point.
If you want something in between and are already leaning toward BFG's, 4WD.com has a special on BFG 315/70 17 KO2's in the C rated flavor for $159 a tire shipped. You have to Chat to get that price though. The regular website will ring them up at $182 on sale.

Absolute steal of a deal and they are reported to be a shade under 34" mounted.

·
Registered
598 Posts
View attachment 3586586

View attachment 3586594

View attachment 3586602

View attachment 3586610

I put these on at 1500 miles and now have 4500 miles 35/12.50/17", been to Moab and some local trails and really like them, i purchased load E, they seem a little stiff maybe it's my shocks or maybe they just need to be driven more "Broken in".
Anyways they are rock solid on the trails sand, rocks, slate, sandstone they were inspiring for sure, aired down to 17 psi on the trails and rides like a Cadillac, super smooth and super quiet on the highway, when these need replacing i'll be getting more.
What PSI are you running on pavement?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
View attachment 3586586

That's a sharp looking Jeep! I love the pictures, thank you for sharing. Those tires seem amazing to me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I second the Ridge Grapplers. I've run maybe 6-7 sets of BFG AT's, not the new KO2's and I've loved them and was going that way on this Jeep, but my buddy got them on his JKU and wasn't happy with them and the reviews on the BFG website were not great either so I went with the ridge grapples and love them.

after our first outing with them several folks we were wheeling with were so impressed with the way they were working the mud and rock they decided they were going with them next time too.

they're quite on the highway as well, great in the rain and look awesome.

as a side note size for size they are actually 35" dia unlike the BFG which are more like 34"

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've Been playing around 30 psi, i have driven around at 20 for me its to low seems like 28 is just a happy medium, though after driving for 25 miles on my commute they are around 35 psi due to temp swings so i may have to set to 24 psi.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts

From what I've read here, KO2s run small. These tires actually measure 33" mounted. The spec sheet says 33.6" or something.

Not trying to sway you, just giving you the specs.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
are the RG winter rated?

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
I've got the 35X12.5X17 on my two door now and they run 33.75" actual on the Jeep. I've got about 11,000 mi on them and they have performed extremely well on the road and on the rocks here in Colorado.

This is with a 3.5" lift for gap reference.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
So, after hours and hours of research, I've come down to two tire choices...

Choice 1: BF Goodrich KO2 - 35x12.5R17/E 121R

Choice 2: Nitto Ridge Grappler - 35x12.5R17/E 121Q

A) If you have either of these tires on a vehicle, would you purchase them again or would you not purchase them again. Also, how many miles do you have on them?

B) Any reason why I shouldn't go with either of these tires?

I have a 2015 JKUR, AEV 2.5" lift and the tires will be mounted to 17x9 Rims with 4.75 backspace.

I am leaning towards the Nitto Ridge Grappler though. More so for the look though...

Thank you in advance for any input.
Nitto Ridge Grapplers as I am not a BFG fan. The RG are outstanding form every review and will be closer to 35" than BFG could dream of.
Also the Toyo Open Country R/T is an excellent choice and very similar to the Niito RG. Hell, the Two OC A/T is also excellent.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the stock MT on the Jeep now and loved the look of them, still love them and they have about 40% tread left. I was really considering getting another set of MT tires but man they are loud as they get worn.
Were they properly rotated? 47,000 on my last set, 50% left on the tread. They we're still quieter than any other tire ever had.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
If you want something in between and are already leaning toward BFG's, 4WD.com has a special on BFG 315/70 17 KO2's in the C rated flavor for $159 a tire shipped. You have to Chat to get that price though. The regular website will ring them up at $182 on sale.

Absolute steal of a deal and they are reported to be a shade under 34" mounted.
That's an amazing price even for BFG tires and they are C-rated as well.
At that price if I need tires, I might take a chance.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Were they properly rotated? 47,000 on my last set, 50% left on the tread. They we're still quieter than any other tire ever had.
They were not, this new set will be.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts