Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Answer.....completely in the eye of the beholder.

The RC lower control arms are going to be the better option with the rubber bushings vs the poly bushings from Skyjacker.

Some people prefer the cheap Skyjacker shocks to other brands' cheap shocks. Bottom line is they are cheap; don't expect much.
The new RC 2.0 nitro shocks are getting very good reviews, especially compared to the older 2.2 shocks.

The RC kit is the better value and their 2.0 shocks are probably going to be better than the SkyJacker hydro shocks it comes with.

The SJ kit comes with extended bumpstops, and the RC kit doesn't. For a couple bucks you can add the bumpstops to your RC order and it will still be less expensive.

(I would personally avoid both kits, but I was trying to address your question instead of telling you what I think you should buy.)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I went with Zone 4". I have heard bad about both. But I have also heard good. Either way the first month it will ride pretty stiff. Mine is starting to break in now. Both about the same price too. I would read up and roll the dice.
If you do get a lift and do it youself. PB Blaster will be your friend 2 cans maybe 3 . I started spraying a month before I installed it. Good Luck

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sdptrey said:
i went with zone 4". I have heard bad about both. But i have also heard good. Either way the first month it will ride pretty stiff. Mine is starting to break in now. Both about the same price too. I would read up and roll the dice.
If you do get a lift and do it youself. Pb blaster will be your friend 2 cans maybe 3 . I started spraying a month before i installed it. Good luck

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sdptrey said:
I went with Zone 4". I have heard bad about both. But I have also heard good. Either way the first month it will ride pretty stiff. Mine is starting to break in now. Both about the same price too. I would read up and roll the dice.
If you do get a lift and do it youself. PB Blaster will be your friend 2 cans maybe 3 .Q I started spraying a month before I installed it. Good Luck
^^ same as above!!!!! PB blaster will be your friend esp if you live in a salty state in the winter months! Spray at least 2 weeks before you start

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the 4" skyjacker. No complaints (except for the previously posted crappy shocks that are going away soon). Wouldn't do a Tcase drop tho. Do it right and do a SYE and CV shaft.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I would not throw away money on a " kit" from either company . You are going to get a bunch of components that you will just be replacing in a while. As you learn you will see that you didn't get what you thought you did and you will want the better parts that you hear about others using for good reason . If its a kit you want buy it from a place who will combine parts from different manufactrures as no one co makes the best of all the components you need. A TJ suspension is not complex and you can mix brands. Buy parts that you don't have to replace as you progress with your build being it will never end as long as you own it even if it is mainly for driving on the road it will make a difference in how it drives.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
+1 for zone

i've got a zone kit and love it....

if you're interested in the kit, shoot Allen (AOR) an email for your member price and go from there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts