Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is on here some where but I'm going to ask I'm on a budget and have a 2013 jeep rubicon 2dr my question is I want a 3 inch lift for good price I do off road in rough terrain I live in az so it's not for just looks . My worry is if I do this is it going to mess with drive line and all those goodies or will I be fine with 33inch tires ?

·
Registered
351 Posts
2.5" is perfect for 33-35" tires and is safer than taking a chance with 3-3.5 and driveshaft issues. 33s will look really small on anything about 2.5 as well. What's your budget?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2g but only thing is I don't know if I will have the clearance with 2 I live in really rocky area and do go to Sedona az I do anything from 1 to 3 rated trails now and have pushed it to 4 to 4.5 and have had clearance issues steel bumpers to dent lol

·
Registered
351 Posts
You should be alright JKs have good ground clearance but once you start going 3-4" it becomes much much more expensive. At that height it puts a lot of stress on your front driveshaft and eventually it probably will give it.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I agree with what crush said. Based off of my own research and what you provided you may want to look into the Teraflex 2.5 kit, its reasonably priced ( well within your budget) and a ton of people run it with no issues ...that's not to say there are not other kits that would work great as well. That's just one suggestion. Search for the thread "lifting in steps" that thread does a great job of outlining some of the more popular lifts and its filled with lots of info.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I agree with what crush said. Based off of my own research and what you provided you may want to look into the Teraflex 2.5 kit, its reasonably priced ( well within your budget) and a ton of people run it with no issues ...that's not to say there are not other kits that would work great as well. That's just one suggestion. Search for the thread "lifting in steps" that thread does a great job of outlining some of the more popular lifts and its filled with lots of info.
Yup that's what I run best value for money on the market. Easily top 3 jeep suspension lifts and great customer service and install videos for every product they sell. And priced the same
As more mediocre companies

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So if I do the 2.5 teraflex with a 1 inch bb what type of shocks you guys think or do the ones with the kit work well

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
So if I do the 2.5 teraflex with a 1 inch bb what type of shocks you guys think or do the ones with the kit work well
Do you mean 1" body lift? BL=body lift BB= budget booster = spring spacers.
I don't think you need it personally, 2.5" lift on a 2dr with 35s plenty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts