Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading and reading about lift kits and trying to figure out what is best for my build. I am ready to start building, but I still don't know which kit is going to be the best fit. I know I want 37" tires. I live in NJ, so I am not doing a lot of rocks or crazy hills. It is mostly mud, sand and pretty flat. Any advice would be great and if you live in NJ , let me know what works for you.

I have a 2013 JKU Sahara

Thanks, Brad

·
Registered
788 Posts
Lift size will greatly differ if you plan on keeping your stock fenders or plan to go with tube fenders. If you don't plan on articulation you can do a much smaller lift, but if you even un link the front sway bar your gonna rub going over uneven terrain.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Lift size will greatly differ if you plan on keeping your stock fenders or plan to go with tube fenders. If you don't plan on articulation you can do a much smaller lift, but if you even un link the front sway bar your gonna rub going over uneven terrain.
This. Flat fenders and a nice 2.5 kit like Metalcloak or rock crawler will treat you will as long as you bumpstop accordingly.

If you feel that you really want to keep stock fenders, go for a 3.5 from one of the same manufacturers but you will have to run even more bumpstop.

With 37's you should be doing some front axle work too though. If not a full replacement, then gussets, truss, ball joints, shafts maybe. You have a Dana 30 up front? I would just go full replacement. That's what I am waiting for before I jump from 35's to 37's and I have the Dana 44 in front with synergy upper and lower gussets.

And oh yeah. What gears are you running? 37's are NOT a cheap proposition.

Going to have to do something with that tire carrier too. All said and done, I don't think you can do 37's right for less than 10k. Just so you know what you are getting into here. And I haven't even gotten into steering or brake costs yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
^^^ What this guy says... You've got a ton of work ahead of yourself before you even start picking the rims and tires. I'd swap to the Dana 44 with some upgrades to it. Then upgrade your braking system. Obviously you've got to upgrade the suspension just to get the lift. Steering will also require some parts. Then you might be ready to start shopping for the 37s. If you aren't willing to put in the work on the other parts FIRST to make it safe, then I wouldn't consider doing it at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm running 37s on a 4" EVO Enforcer lift with ATX beadlocks. The tires rub my fender flares pretty bad under articulation. On the street they are fine but I will be cutting the fender flares soon since I will be rock crawling. Regardless of the lift, C gussets should be done before installing the 37s.

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
I personally would not run 37s on a D30. As the folks before me mentioned, if you are inclined to go that route, you have things to consider in addition to just a lift. What is your budget?

I run 37s on RK X Factor 2.5 inch with chopped Fenders.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If your not too in a hurry to get your jeep out and on the street u can always lift first and work your way into everything sit on some cheap 35's for the time being. Craigslist or on here all day, I wouldn't run much less maybe some 33's. Buy the wheels that u will want and the lift you want them to ride under, u will be happy and let it grow.

I have a 3.5 rock krawler sitting it on 35's rubi, I know I'll want 37s but not rushing that, can't imagine a 2.5" with 37's I'll have to even cut with 3.5, anyways.... Enjoying the 35's now for what there worth and I'll build into the 37's for all the upgrade reasons everyone else is saying. Get the right parts to lead you in the direction unless $ flow just dosent matter then just send it to a shop and have someone do it all for u i guess and u can leave with 37's sometime this month. Plus by running some smaller tires u can appreciate what your gears are feeling I couldn't imagine a d30 never less anything less than 4.10 for the D44 Rollin 35, poor jeeps. And brakes!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts