Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so im still new to the whole jeep thing, I picked myself up an 05 TJ, It came with a 1" body lift, and I want to put a lift kit on. I have been contenplating between zone and rough country as there both decentley priced and im still a student and dont got a whole lot of extra cash. I read that you need to drop the TC with rough country, but because I have that 1" body lift could I just get the motor mount lift instead as I dont really want to drop the case. Or should I just go with the 4.25" combo kit from zone, and not have to do that.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Alright, so im still new to the whole jeep thing, I picked myself up an 05 TJ, It came with a 1" body lift, and I want to put a lift kit on. I have been contenplating between zone and rough country as there both decentley priced and im still a student and dont got a whole lot of extra cash. I read that you need to drop the TC with rough country, but because I have that 1" body lift could I just get the motor mount lift instead as I dont really want to drop the case. Or should I just go with the 4.25" combo kit from zone, and not have to do that.
The Zone 4.25 combo lift includes a 1" motormount lift and 1.25" body lift. You could definitely do that and not have to drop the transfer case, or you could probably add a motormount lift to what you have and a 2.5"-3" suspension lift, and probably get away with no tc drop as well. For the money, the Zone lift is a pretty decent lift and is complete. Congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Between the two, go zone definitely. Don't get the 4.25 kit because that's a 3" suspension lift and a 1.25" kit, and you already have a body lift. Get the 3" and a mml if you're going 3".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Between the two, go zone definitely. Don't get the 4.25 kit because that's a 3" suspension lift and a 1.25" kit, and you already have a body lift. Get the 3" and a mml if you're going 3".
Sorry guys not good with these little terms you use haha.. what does mml stand for.

Thanks, guys lots of help!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I plan on lifting it, running either 32" or 33" tires, bumpers and winch for now, possibly rocker guards.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I plan on lifting it, running either 32" or 33" tires, bumpers and winch for now, possibly rocker guards.
Gotcha, so going with the zone 3" and your body lift will allow you to run 33s. Just make sure to set your bumpstops. Stock control arms should be fine. To hopefully eliminate vibes and keep your tcase up you could install a 1" mml, or if you don't mind the look of a tcase drop you could go that route as well. Heavy bumpers/Winch may cause front to sag some, but nothing a 3/4" spacer up front can't fix.

·
Registered
487 Posts
First, welcome to the Jeep club! :thumb: Second, its always a good idea to keep some extra cash on hand just in case your Jeep doesn't adapt to the lift well (such as track bar).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome! I always like to have money in my bank account for emergencies, ect. Hopefully going to order lift tomorrow, My uncle is a mechanic and told me that he could get me the lift for cheaper which would be awesome. Once I start my build I will post some photos.

Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
just because you body and motor lift does not guarantee you won't have any vibes, be ready for TC drop (transfer case) or to do it right and SYE and adjustable control arms.

Zone is a great lift for the money. I am running a BDS which from what I am told is the maker of Zone.

·
Registered
316 Posts
just because you body and motor lift does not guarantee you won't have any vibes, be ready for TC drop (transfer case) or to do it right and SYE and adjustable control arms.

Zone is a great lift for the money. I am running a BDS which from what I am told is the maker of Zone.
I too am running BDS, I think it's great. Went with the 2" though, going to install my BL and MML soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts