Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 4" lift kit in a magazine that I like. Good price. Complete set with shocks and everything and seems like a great lift kit. However I have fairly new tire...like 2,000 miles on them and they are 32's. I was wondering if a 4 inch lift would look bad with 32's? of course once these tires ran out I was planning on getting bigger tires.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I found a 4" lift kit in a magazine that I like.
oh jezz here we go.

Complete set with shocks and everything and seems like a great lift kit.
"and everything" ? please explain this.

does it include the proper bumpstop extensions? brake upgrades for larger tires or steering upgrades for larger tires? longer sway bar links? SYE & CV driveshaft? extended length front brake lines?

However I have fairly new tire...like 2,000 miles on them and they are 32's. I was wondering if a 4 inch lift would look bad with 32's? of course once these tires ran out I was planning on getting bigger tires.
32s will fit fine, thats not an issue.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah definitely research what all goes with a 4" suspension lift. At a minimum you'll need to extend your brake lines. The tires will look fine

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Forget how it looks. First two questions:

- What do you really plan to do with your Jeep? Off road (trails, rocks, just falt land) Just on road

- How much do have to spend including labor if you are not going to do it yourself?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plan to take it through mud and go on trails and a little bit of rockcrawling too. That's why I got myself a jeep...and to be honest I just got my jeep about 3 months ago...it's my first vehicle and I don't know a lot about lift kits, my jeep my already have a lift, I'm not sure how to tell. And also my price range isn't very high...that's why I like this lift kit, it isn't too expensive...it's made by trail master suspension.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone can te me if I have a lift or not i'll take a picture of my jeep wherever you want me to so you can tell me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If that's your jeep in your avatar it doesn't look lifted. If you could get a pic of the front spring and shock we can tell you. You have to understand though once you go over 3" it really gets complicated. You start losing the geometry needed in your drivetrain and it could cause problems. You'd have to start looking at SYE, new driveshafts and extended brake lines.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Yes we can tell you. Take a good side shot and tell us what size tires you have. Take shots of the front and rear springs.

"And also my price range isn't very high...that's why I like this lift kit, it isn't too expensive"

How about some $$$ numbers. Trailmaster is not generally recommended. If you are doing rock crawling, you are going to want is set up right.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dang...the place I got it from said it had a 3" lift on it. Okay someone said that a 4" lift gets really complicated...so what if I got a 3" is that as comicated? And also what brands do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Dang...the place I got it from said it had a 3" lift on it. Okay someone said that a 4" lift gets really complicated...so what if I got a 3" is that as comicated? And also what brands do you guys recommend?

A 3" gets to be boarder line as to what else you have to to. As 2-2 1/2 combined with a 1-1 1/2" body lift is easier and cheaper. A budget boost and body lift is even cheaper

Again, let's go back to how much you have to spend.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Price range is a must. For about 529 you can get the zone 3" suspension 1.25" body combo. And nothing needs to be changed. That's the suspension I'm going with

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Probably around $600...and the lift kits I've seen in the quadratec magazine are like $1000+ so I don't know if $600 will even get me anywhere.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Oh gosh. They said it has 3 inch lift on it? From one of those pics i see a body lift... I sure hope its not a 3 inch body lift or youve got to remove that quickly. Take a pic of the frame from side like below your door. The body mounts please.
From those pics you sent.. I think youve got quite a tall body lift which is pretty unsafe if you ever go offroad. Sometimes even on road. You should never go above like 1-1.25 inches for a body lift.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts