Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 95 wrangler and want to get started working. I want to install a lift but have a few questions and if anyone could recommend any.

1) would it be easier to install on my own or professionally?
2) What kind of lift?(Body, Suspension etc)

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
well it all depends one how high you want to go, what type of wheeling you want to do, your budget, etc.
nice thing bout a yj is its something you can do yourself.

so once you know how high you want to go, we can better help you figure out the other stuff.

·
Registered
56 Posts
^x2 i have a rock krawler lift but its a work intensive kit, its a coilover connversion 8" lift. what are you going to be doing and how muck suspension do you really need? i love my lift but thats just my preferance lol good luck on choosing

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it all depends one how high you want to go, what type of wheeling you want to do, your budget, etc.
nice thing bout a yj is its something you can do yourself.

so once you know how high you want to go, we can better help you figure out the other stuff.
I was going to go with a 3 inch rough country lift kit. Which type of lift would be better for dirt grass and some mud very minimal.

·
Registered
391 Posts
A BL would be cheaper then the Rough Country suspension

·
Registered
138 Posts
I say get a suspension lift. Your idea on a RC kit is sound. They are
cheap and for your needs you can run 31" tires on their 2 1/2" lift
and 33' tires on their 4" lift. If you go big on tires you will need to
spend money on re-gearing too.

·
after birthday glow
1,963 Posts
the problems with body lifts are that one they put more stress on the body mounts, and two most people don't think they look good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
1" BL is fine.. and sometimes a 2" BL is fine but 3" in my opinion just looks funny.. way too much space between frame and body and i have seen grade 8 bolts snap on a BL... i vote 2.5" RC suspension lift.. when i sell my 4 banger and get a 6cyl i will probably save up and get the 4" RC lift kit...

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Body Lifts are mostly junk if you go over an inch. I would only use them as an addition to a complete overhaul including a susp lift. If you need to save a buck and go up 1-3" get a rugged ridge or daystar budget susp boost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts