Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to lift my 2015 JKU Sahara. I am set on the wheels and tires (Deegan Pro Comp 4 17’’ and Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35’’ ) but continue to debate which lift to go with. This is my DD (it is geared 3.21) and I generally am on road, dirt trails when mountain biking, and the occasional “off-road” which is moderate intensity at most. Overall I want the smoothest ride on pavement, can handle almost any moderate scenario, and basically be the best bang for my buck.

Choices are currently between (what we discussed at shop):
-Zone 3’’ lift
-TeraFlex 2.5 with the 2.1 Falcon shocks
-maybe just do a budget boost TF 2.5 lift??

I am leaning toward the TF 2.5 with Falcon shocks but that is also around $1K more than the Zone 3’’ kit. Also based on what I use my jeep for I am wondering if a suspension lift is necessary as maybe a budget boost life would suffice. The TF with Falcon shocks is $1700 at the shop I am getting work done.

I am not the most mechanically inclined person and I’ve read a lot and narrowed it down to these but overall want to know if going with the Falcons are worth the extra $1K. I also saw TF 2.5 with different shocks that are cheaper but if the falcons are much smoother rather go with them… so any input or opinion will help…much appreciated. Also, as for looks, I may go with flat fenders in future too.

-Teraflex Sport S/T2 2.5" Suspension Lift Kit with Falcon 2.1 Shocks:
https://www.extremeterrain.com/tera...on-lift-kit-w-21-falcon-shocks-0718-jk-4.html

-Zone 3’’:
Zone Offroad 3" Suspension System J12N/J13N

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
TF by far over zone.

Depending on your uses a budget boost might be a great option.

I’m not a fan of either kit pictured. They are too incomplete for my tastes. (No geometry correction so the drive isn’t going to be enjoyable.)

I guess a better question is what are your goals and uses? Daily with light to moderate off-roading.

1. geometry brackets and a decent quality budget boost makes sense. Others here can make suggestions as to which ones are great.

I’m a fan of buy once cry once. As I’ve bought thrice and cried 10x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My primary goal is to have the most comfortable 2.5'' lift with 35's. It will primarily be driven on roads and Hwy's (I only drive 20-30 miles a day) and light trails to get to some spots where I bike/fish/let the dog swim...

I don't want the "cheapest" option nor the "best" but merely something that can handle most situations if needed on some light/moderate terrain.

After our long discussion at the shop it seemed like the TF 2.5 w/ falcon 3.1 shocks kit had primarily everything that was needed. But I feel like it might even be over kill for what I am actually going to be doing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
You driving situation sounds exactly like mine: mostly DD with the occasional fire trails (no rock crawling).

I went with the following:
Teraflex 2.5" lift kit with their 9550 shocks
Teraflex front control arms
35x12.5 BFG KO2s mounted on 17" Method Grids

Pretty comfortable on road and ok off road but I didn't lower the tire pressure.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
My primary goal is to have the most comfortable 2.5'' lift with 35's. It will primarily be driven on roads and Hwy's (I only drive 20-30 miles a day) and light trails to get to some spots where I bike/fish/let the dog swim...

I don't want the "cheapest" option nor the "best" but merely something that can handle most situations if needed on some light/moderate terrain.

After our long discussion at the shop it seemed like the TF 2.5 w/ falcon 3.1 shocks kit had primarily everything that was needed. But I feel like it might even be over kill for what I am actually going to be doing.
Remember shops are going to try to sell you the priciest option to make money.

I would recommend the following:

Zone 3 inch lift with Fox shocks
Rubicon Express geometry correction brackets
Add a front track bar

You are looking at under $1000 and it will drive great. Zone has some pretty comfy springs compared to other companies.

I run their 4 inch kit with this set up. Nicest ride in a lifted jeep that I have felt.

Attachments

Reactions: Jab1719

·
Super Moderator
23,792 Posts
Sound like a candidate for an aev 2.5 lift.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After looking more into it...

I am thinking of going with the TF 2.5 coil lift with Shock extenders...and in the future upgrade the shocks if necessary.

Any one have experience with this ride/kit?...specifically vs. a stock Sahara?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts