Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a 2 or 2.5" coil spacer lift for my 2016 JKU. Any recommendations, personal expierence of brand reviews? Is it worth it? Is it garbage?

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Thinking about getting a 2 or 2.5" coil spacer lift for my 2016 JKU. Any recommendations, personal expierence of brand reviews? Is it worth it? Is it garbage?
depends on what you plan to do. If you just want clearance for tires with a near stock ride a spacer lift is fine. If you want to offroad, consider a spring lift and shocks with some upgraded bumpstops. What size tires do you want to run?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
depends on what you plan to do. If you just want clearance for tires with a near stock ride a spacer lift is fine. If you want to offroad, consider a spring lift and shocks with some upgraded bumpstops. What size tires do you want to run?
I agree. Figure out what you want to do. If it is just to put bigger tires on your jeep and not off-road, do a spacer lift. If you are going to take it off road on easy to moderate trail, I would probably do a coil lift.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I currently have 33s on my jeep, ive only had them a week so im set on tires. Being that im stationed in El Paso with not a whole ton on trail riding to do (there are places), I really want a lift for looks, always loved the lift look. Also for clearance for those times i do take it offroad, also looking to add the smittybilt SRC rock sliders. But i am on a tight budget and really like the price of the spacer lift lol

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
I currently have 33s on my jeep, ive only had them a week so im set on tires. Being that im stationed in El Paso with not a whole ton on trail riding to do (there are places), I really want a lift for looks, always loved the lift look. Also for clearance for those times i do take it offroad, also looking to add the smittybilt SRC rock sliders. But i am on a tight budget and really like the price of the spacer lift lol
There is nothing wrong with a Coil Spring Spacer Lift in my opinion. It'll work perfectly fine for what you need it for. At 2.5" I would add some Shock extensions to stay on budget, or new longer shocks for when you do wheel it. Especially if you disconnect the sway bars off road. If you wanted to spend another $100 you can add some Geometry Brackets to get caster back in spec, but it's not completely necessary.

All poly spacers are pretty much the same in my opinion. Some prefer the steel spacer for durability but the poly ones should hold up just fine for a good long time. Let me know what you see that you like and I'll get you a quote!

-Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts