Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to put new springs on my 95 YJ since they were sagging in the back so I figured I would put a 2.5 inch lift on it. I have new skyjacker shocks on it that I like a lot. My friend said he loves his lift kit from rough country. I was wondering what one should I buy? Rough country is cheaper but I'm afraid it won't have as good of quality as skyjacker. Also any other opinions on good lifts. I would mostly be using it as a daily driver and a few off road adventures through the mud. I'm looking to spend around 600

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
I had a skyjacker on my 87, a rough country on my 90, and currently a pro-comp on my 91.

I felt the rough country was a marginally better ride than the skyjacker.

My current jeep with the pro-comp is an older lift that was installed years ago by a previous owner but it is MUCH better riding than either of the other two. It has the es3000 (cheapest ) shocks but rides and handles fantastic. Lots of folks bash pro comp stuff but this has been my experience. Ive seen the same kit sold by summit.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I as well I have procomp and enjoy it. As you stated RC is the cheapest and there for will be the crappiest, as you pay for what you get. A lot of people say the lift and nice and soft but they also wear out after (sag). (Speaking based off XJ/MJ experience).
Have you considered looking at any other companies?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I as well I have procomp and enjoy it. As you stated RC is the cheapest and there for will be the crappiest, as you pay for what you get. A lot of people say the lift and nice and soft but they also wear out after (sag). (Speaking based off XJ/MJ experience). Have you considered looking at any other companies?
I really didn't do to much research I was trying to get some other opinions on what other jeep owners have put on their keeps for about 600 and what they like. I'm open to any suggestions

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would look at zone offroad, they sell a kit that'll run you around 600 including shipping. I personally don't have one of their lifts, but people say it's high quality. Don't quote me on this but I've heard their springs come from the same factory as bds.

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
I would look at zone offroad, they sell a kit that'll run you around 600 including shipping. I personally don't have one of their lifts, but people say it's high quality. Don't quote me on this but I've heard their springs come from the same factory as bds.
Same company owns them but zone has their own springs. I was looking at zone but for the same price as their 4" I bought a 4.5" rC x series. I've been very pleased and I'll take military wrap springs over standard springs anyday

Not to mention over the past 10 years I've ran 4 different suspensions on yj's. My 95 had Rustys total junk springs failed on the first run , Ran RE 4.5" xtreme duty springs for 7 years. Great springs rode nice flexed, Then I ran custom alcan springs. They were awesome.

My current YJ has the rc x series cause I was on a tight budget. I've been very pleased rides better onroad then the RE. Offroad rides the same and flexes just as well. For a small budget I highly recommend it

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
RC will be the cheapest, and have the least positive reputation, but Ive never heard a bad story about their customer service replacing damaged parts.

I would personally buy the best kit you can afford for your budget, I have a friend that has the zone ebay kit, I can vouche for it's quality, but not its customer service/warranty as he hasnt had any issues

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RC will be the cheapest, and have the least positive reputation, but Ive never heard a bad story about their customer service replacing damaged parts. I would personally buy the best kit you can afford for your budget, I have a friend that has the zone ebay kit, I can vouche for it's quality, but not its customer service/warranty as he hasnt had any issues
thanks for the input guys. Yeah I figured I would try to get the best for my money within my. Budget. Also looking to hear some good ideas on other brands which you guys have mentioned. Thanks for the help. I'll do some more research and see what I can find

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey Trossillo,
Have you got a lift yet, if so what did you go with and how do you like it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Trossillo, Have you got a lift yet, if so what did you go with and how do you like it?
I put on the rough country 2.5 inch lift. It was a huge difference in ride quality over my worn out stock springs. I love it. Only thing I don't like is I think the shocks are a little rough. I had skyjacker shocks before the lift kit and they felt nicer so I may put a nicer pair of shocks on in the near future to see how it helps. If you're able to just buy the leafs from rough country and separate shocks that would be a good way to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts