Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a stock 1990 YJ. I want to make it look better with out going nuts.
If I go with 31x10.5, how much lift do I need and what width rims would I need?
Or
If I went to 33x12.5 what would I need, but how much power would the drivetrain loose.

I sometimes go on the beach, but other than that there's not much room for offroading in NJ.

Any pics and suggestions appreciated

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I run the 2-1/2" RE lift with 31x10.50x15's on 15x8 rims with 3.75" backspacing on my 94 YJ.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Jp magazine has a chart. You can go to Jpmagazine.com and I found it again. Thats the chart we used for planning. Also measure the actual height of the tire as they dont always measure as marked on the tire. We had a limited budget so we went with a 2" shackle lift = 1" actual lift and run MickeyThompson Baha ATZ 31x10.5 on 15x7 rims. We needed to keep the American Racing alloy rims that came on it SO after alot of cleaning and black paint on the centers they look OK and
everything fits. Good Luck with your project

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for posting the link to Jp chart Tiny Terror ,Once I finaly found it I couldnt remember how I found it. So no your not the only one who had trouble finding it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts