Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 2011 jku sahara i have most everything stock right now and have been looking into bigger tires. i am going to want 35's and i know im going to need a lift.

can anyone suggest a certain lift kit that is not very price and possibly easy to instal. i have heard things about spacers but i don't know what they really do and i have heard that they could potentially to affect ride quality and some mechanics in the jeep.

again im just looking for some suggestions here and just want to steer clear of the bad products.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
So i have a 2011 jku sahara i have most everything stock right now and have been looking into bigger tires. i am going to want 35's and i know im going to need a lift.

can anyone suggest a certain lift kit that is not very price and possibly easy to instal. i have heard things about spacers but i don't know what they really do and i have heard that they could potentially to affect ride quality and some mechanics in the jeep.

again im just looking for some suggestions here and just want to steer clear of the bad products.
You need only a 2.5" lift kit to clear 35's. TeraFlex and Rock Krawler make very good ones. There are 3 types of each. You want either the 2nd (springs with shock adapters) or the third (springs and new shocks).

Anything larger and you're getting into big $$ territory (to do it right). New front ds, adjustable control arms, adjustable trackbars, etc.

This is a cheap lift. You've fallen into that "bigger-is-better" trap. You saw the 5" and thought, "Wow, that's what I need."

The shocks are cheap. There are no adj control arms or adj trackbars, which are a necessity with that high a lift. There aren't even brake line extensions.

Run fast. :D

Buying a half-assed lift cuz it's cheap is one of the surest ways to trash your Jeep, not to mention your wallet.

Up to you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks a lot man. I will look into those. Is there a specific site I should be on to find those lifts and other parts you are saying I need?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Hey thanks a lot man. I will look into those. Is there a specific site I should be on to find those lifts and other parts you are saying I need?
Check with Jason @ Krawl Off-Road. They're a sponsoring vendor, and it's doubtful you'll find a better price. Also, Jason knows his stuff and can help you with any advice you might need in regards to your lift and what you wanna do with your Jeep.

You can reach him here (prob better to just PM him):

KrawlOff-Road.com

And here's a link to the KOR website:

'07-'10 JK (ignore the '10 part...they just haven't updated their logos...they've got everything for '11's and '12's, too)

I just re-read my last post. Hope it didn't sound too harsh to you. I just don't like seeing people squander $$ on something as important as a lift. Probably the most important mod you'll make to your Jeep, IMO.

Enjoy. :thumb:

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you plan on doing any offroading were you are wanting some articulation a 2.5 won't cut it. wait save your money and get a lift thats going to do what you want talk to some 4x4 shops and the makers of what ever lift you are looking at a 2.5 lift will allow you to fit 35's but going to a larger lift will handle better in some offroad situations but will also cost you more money really think about what you want to do with your jeep and how much your willing to spend dont just rush into. Rubicon express, evo, rusty's and the others mentioned are all good lifts. look research and talk to as many people as you can before you buy. You also find out what the local thing to do with jeeps that can also determine what you do local groups and clubs can help you with that. Good luck and have fun

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Yea..........

If you plan on doing any offroading were you are wanting some articulation a 2.5 won't cut it. wait save your money and get a lift thats going to do what you want talk to some 4x4 shops and the makers of what ever lift you are looking at a 2.5 lift will allow you to fit 35's but going to a larger lift will handle better in some offroad situations but will also cost you more money really think about what you want to do with your jeep and how much your willing to spend dont just rush into. Rubicon express, evo, rusty's and the others mentioned are all good lifts. look research and talk to as many people as you can before you buy. You also find out what the local thing to do with jeeps that can also determine what you do local groups and clubs can help you with that. Good luck and have fun
............ new to REAL 4-wheeling, I went out and upgraded to 33's and a 2" spacer lift (to quickly) :nonono:

Went to Shoe Creek Trail (VA) last weekend and I found out that what I purchased, is not satisfactory, if I want to continue such trails :banghead:

Decisions, decisions :popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
willee51 said:
............ new to REAL 4-wheeling, I went out and upgraded to 33's and a 2" spacer lift (to quickly) :nonono:

Went to Shoe Creek Trail (VA) last weekend and I found out that what I purchased, is not satisfactory, if I want to continue such trails :banghead:

Decisions, decisions :popcorn:
Do you have quick disco's?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts