Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you lift a JK 3" suspension and 1" body, totalling 4" lift. Do any changes need to be made to the drive shafts? I have read mixed reviews.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
^This.

On a 2 door, your stock shafts will probably be alright for awhile with a 3" lift, but their time will come. So I'd expect to be able to get away with it for awhile so long as you're periodically looking under the jeep and paying attention for any signs of failure. As I understand it, once they start to go, there's no saving them and you've got to replace them fairly quickly.

Body lifts are frowned upon for JKs. You can fit 33s stock and 35s under a 2.5" lift. Go to flat flares and you can run 37s on 2.5" of lift. So there's just not much reason for body lifts and they can cause some problems.

That said, those that have 1" BLs do seem to like them okay.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1. Yes
2. Don't put a body lift on your jeep.

You could put a 10" body lift on your Jeep and it will have no effect on the drive shafts.
I never lift more than I need to clear the tires of choice. Many people run 37"s with a 3" spring lift or 2" lift with fender mod.

·
Banned
3,287 Posts
over time with a two door your ds's will fail @ 3"

on the jkur, your front will fail but your rear maybe good for a long long time.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
out of curiosity why no body lifts? Does a 3" matter if the jeep will not go off road
1. Body lifts are for posers.
2. Body lifts have their own set of problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts