Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting a 4 inch lift kit and SYE for my TJ:punk:, do i need to replace the front driveline or is the stock drive line long enough

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
not sure on that one, I was able to use my stock one after i did my lift. Wont know till you get it lifted

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now to figure out the best lift to get, i am looking at zone, a brand im not to familiar with them seem to have good reviews, i am also looking at full traction, not very many lifts come with upper control arms, so far for 2000 full traction has the most complete and come with a 3 link set up in the rear or for the same price 4.5" Suspension System by 4Wheel Drive Hardware® for Jeep. i just dont know if 2000 is worth it right now. zone is 500 which would allow me to get the sye and driveline. and still have money left over. but i am sure i will need upper control arms

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have been looking at the re7000 4.5 lift also the bds 4.5 lift comes with shocks, so many choices

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
going with the RE7000 4.5 lift. i found a deal when i get a advanced adapters SYE and tom woods drive shaft for free, upgraded to adjustable control arms with shocks for about 2000

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
since i am getting the re7000 4.5 lift i have the choice of bilstien 5100 shock, re monotubes, or old man emu shocks, and thoughts on which is better. also i have read about spring perches in the rear to help re angle the springs to reduce the spring arch, do i need to worry about this?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I love how my Bilstien 5100's ride on my JK. With that said I have a 3.5" Rock Krawler lift on my JK. It came out big, but with an advertised 3.5" it came with spring correction wedges in the rear. The TJ's have even shorter control arms IIRC so your axle would start to angle more with the same amount of lift. I'd look into the spring perches.

Keep in mind I know nothing about the TJ's, just the JK's.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love how my Bilstien 5100's ride on my JK. With that said I have a 3.5" Rock Krawler lift on my JK. It came out big, but with an advertised 3.5" it came with spring correction wedges in the rear. The TJ's have even shorter control arms IIRC so your axle would start to angle more with the same amount of lift. I'd look into the spring perches.

Keep in mind I know nothing about the TJ's, just the JK's.
thanks i have heard alot about this issue, but i dont really know anyone who has a tj with a tall lift and has used them i just dont wanna spend all this money to find out i need to have more things done

·
Registered
6 Posts
Two of our Jeeps have the upper perch moved back into alignment. We actually cut them out and rewelded them to correct the spring angle. Well worth the effort!

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Two of our Jeeps have the upper perch moved back into alignment. We actually cut them out and rewelded them to correct the spring angle. Well worth the effort!
does moving the stock perches add to the lift height or does it stay the same

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I don't think it adds lift just makes the spring stright up and down. Not at an angle, this helps with alignment, and pinion angle.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so sounds like a smart choice is to have some one cut and re weld my upper spring perch when they install my lift kit

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Not going to be cheap, I would help, but I got my own problems now that I drove my jeep in to a ditch at 55mph.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I don't think it adds lift just makes the spring stright up and down. Not at an angle, this helps with alignment, and pinion angle.
i would think it would add to ur lift a little bit. the shortest distances between two points is a streight line. so if u take a line that that is 3 inches long and lay it at and angle, mark the bottom and top points, turn the line streight up and down it will be longer. (hints, A squared + b squared= c squared.... C will never be = to B or C)

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
crappy i dont need more height that just changes everything again

1 - 20 of 60 Posts