Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
spring over axle kit aka SOA works good as a DD also (daily driver)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rough Country 4" was $519 delivered tax and all. I had a heck of a good wrench to put it on for me.

·
Registered
680 Posts
best and cheap don't go together. So do you want a cheap lift, or a good lift. and SOA is expensive when done right. whats the end use. trails? mall? rock? makes a difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am currently taking off a 3" body and 3" suspension to do a spring over lift SOA its easy!!! few new welds and rustys has a kit for 250.00 for extended lines, ubolts and pittman arm

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you start going too tall you'd want a new steering system upgrade or whatever it is I think... plus sye or tcase drop, I'm sure there is a lot of small things that they don't mention, usually the way it goes.

·
Registered
250 Posts
my SOA only needed new spring perches ,shocks, and a drop pitman arm for the steering. Do not have to go to SYE if you roll your pumpkin up to get the correct angle for the ujoints . Will also need to lenghten the rear driveshaft. I still have this to do, but callled a lace here in town, and its only $150 to lenghten and rebalance.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Inexpensive and good is relative to the final need of the jeep. Only your budget and driving needs can determine the best option for you. Mud-body lift, shackles, add-a-leaf, or rough country. Rocks-not cheap! I recommend rubicon express and teraflex revolvers. Mall-body lift or rough country. Trail-rubicon express or custom leaf packs.

SOA is a relatively inexpensive process, unless you do it properly. To properly do it, you need the new perches, brake lines, transfer case drop or sye, high steer kit, and a few miscellaneous brackets and parts. For what you will spend, you can get a good lift from rubicon express or teraflex.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've heard plenty of people down-talk Rough Country's stuff, in past year I've joined a few local forums, (central NY), and I have only heard of 1 person destroying a leaf spring, the shocks for the 4" lift are a limitting factor and don't allow spring to fully droop, and the springs are not insanely heavy duty. If you offroad maybe once or twice a week and you don't get crazy stupid heavy on the skinny pedal I feel RC is quality enough to last through that, realize I got 6" of lift from just the suspension, but I'm sure in a month it will settle about an inch. I go through a lot with what little I've done to my jeep... If you want to rock crawl and want good flex, I will agree teraflex would be best. (I don't know much about rubicon express, I'm sure they're better than RC). But for the price of $450, Rough Country is great. Just might need new shocks for more travel down the road.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Installed a rough country lift on mine a year ago. I noticed last week i had a sagging rear spring, Not to worry though i filled out a warranty claim on the rough country website and in less than 1 hour i had a e-mail confirmation that they had shipped it out! And i got it the next day no questions asked! Cant beat lifetime warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts