Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to lift my DD, but here people complaining about ride and handling. Do all lifts mess it up or is it the installer. Just bought my first Wrangler so i am completely new to their finesses.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
If you get the correct lift, it will handle better than the squishy stock suspension. But beware that some cheap lifts are way to harsh.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Want to lift my DD, but here people complaining about ride and handling. Do all lifts mess it up or is it the installer. Just bought my first Wrangler so i am completely new to their finesses.
Do you have any ideas of what you want to achieve? Lift height, tire size, long arm vs short arm and so on... Let us know what you are thinking and we can help point you in the right direction.

RK

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It'll be a DD for foreseeable future. Down the road I want to do a 4BT conversion. I read a 4 " lift is necessary for that. I want it to be an urban assault vehicle that does,and can, play on the weekends. I can't "sell the farm" for parts but I think I'm in the middle of the road on what I can spend. As far as knowing what I want, long arm ect., I'm not sure. I want stable and capable, not looking to rock crawl. Thank you all in advance for any help/insight.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have any ideas of what you want to achieve? Lift height, tire size, long arm vs short arm and so on... Let us know what you are thinking and we can help point you in the right direction. RK
It'll be a DD for foreseeable future. Down the road I want to do a 4BT conversion. I read a 4 " lift is necessary for that. I want it to be an urban assault vehicle that does,and can, play on the weekends. I can't "sell the farm" for parts but I think I'm in the middle of the road on what I can spend. As far as knowing what I want, long arm ect., I'm not sure. I want stable and capable, not looking to rock crawl. Thank you all in advance for any help/insight..... Sorry took so long. Got new phone and couldn't fight out how to log back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts