Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Oh the can of worms you have opened.
In no order what so ever, these brands pop into mind. Search about on the forum, you will get many better answers than I can give you.

Skyjacker
Rough Country
Currie
OME
Zone.

·
Registered
242 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Does anyone have any recommendations on a particular lift kit?
Try reviewing this thread: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f5/tj-lift-reviews-25145.html.

The reason you're getting some "non-answers" is because your question is too vague to be really answerable as a practical matter. There's no limit to what you can spend on a jeep. There's also almost no limit to what you can do in terms of lifting it, and the answers are going to vary greatly if you're looking for just a little boost to keep with stock tires or a really big lift to run big tires.

There are dozens and dozens of companies out there that make lifts--your budget, needs, and wants are all part of the equation as to what's right for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been a big fan of what rock krawler has been doing lately. Their road performance, durability, and flex are all great. I've got their 3.5 mid arm flex kit and am very very pleased.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You may want to get a little more specific in your questioning. What size tires are you planning on running? How much are you looking to spend?

·
Registered
174 Posts
The Jeep in your sig pic seems to already have a lift. Do you want to go bigger. I agree with the others. Its like asking what color you should paint.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I recently bought that jeep and it has some sort of lift on it but its old and I'm not sure what name brand it is. Was wondering if I should redo the whole lift or just replace the shocks... I'm new to this and don't quite understand all the jargon just yet. It has 35x12.5x20 tires on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If someone could explain to me about long arm v/s short arm and something about slip yokes for drive shaft angles.... I don't know what to do with it. I'm thinking about just taking it to a 4x4 shop and have them look at it for their recommendations as to what I should do to update it and bring it up to speed with the times.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
If someone could explain to me about long arm v/s short arm and something about slip yokes for drive shaft angles.... I don't know what to do with it. I'm thinking about just taking it to a 4x4 shop and have them look at it for their recommendations as to what I should do to update it and bring it up to speed with the times.
1. Long arms are longer in length than short arms.
2. Read this: What is a CV shaft and why do I want one?
3. That's a shot in the dark. Some shops are good, some are bad. You don't have enough knowledge to tell the difference.
4. Read this: TJ Tech BOOT CAMP: A must-read for new TJ owners/forum members

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Before you go anywhere, read the links provided and educate yourself. They you will be smarter if you do take somewhere and maybe you won't get taken. There may not be anything wrong with what you have. Also very important, search on 35's. There is a lot that should be done to do 35's right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts