Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

New to Jeeps and I am thinking about putting a 3" lift on my 2011 Wrangler Sahara. I am getting confused with what to do. What are the differences in lift's? Body lift, suspension lift, etc.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Hey everyone,

New to Jeeps and I am thinking about putting a 3" lift on my 2011 Wrangler Sahara. I am getting confused with what to do. What are the differences in lift's? Body lift, suspension lift, etc.
well.. welcome to the forum.. your in the wrong thread.. there is a jk thread near the top..

body lifts lift the body off the frame.. normally done for extra tire clearance with conjunction to a suspension lift.. they are also used to do a tummy tuck to lift the skid plate up more to gain even more clearance..

body lifts are a cheap way to gain tire clearance..

suspension lifts are more complicated.. also there are entry level and advanced kits.. some good companies to get kits from are rubicon express, rock krawler, OME, jks, and full traction.. some good shops to google and call up are rokmen, dpg offroad, and absolute offroad..

suspension kits are the way to go if you have the money..

also there is a BB (budget boost) they are a cheap way to lift your jeep also.. most people use a bb and a bl (body lift) to raise there jeeps up to 3''.. a bb is rubber spacers, that are put on top of coils, basically keeping the same stock suspension but adding lift as well.. they are cheap but not as good as a suspension lift

1 - 2 of 2 Posts