Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 unlimited rubi. 3.5 rubicon express Super-Flex Short Arm or rock krawler 3.5 flex system? Pros and cons of either? Will I have driveline issues due to it being a 3.5 with either?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Short answer, you'll probably have drive line issues at some point. You'll need an exhuast spacer for sure and if you flex much you might actually cause premature wear of the joints.

No experience but Rock Krawler seems to be preferred around here. They both look fairly complete (track bar, brake lines, etc.) I'm sure someone will chime in.

If I can ask, why do you want 3.5 inches instead of 2.5? 2.5 will run 35's and your less likely to have additional problems like the drive line, steering, etc., not to mention 2.5 inch lift costs less. Any lift over 3 or so comes with a bunch of issues that will cost you much more in the long run.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Short answer, you'll probably have drive line issues at some point. You'll need an exhuast spacer for sure and if you flex much you might actually cause premature wear of the joints. No experience but Rock Krawler seems to be preferred around here. They both look fairly complete (track bar, brake lines, etc.) I'm sure someone will chime in. If I can ask, why do you want 3.5 inches instead of 2.5? 2.5 will run 35's and your less likely to have additional problems like the drive line, steering, etc., not to mention 2.5 inch lift costs less. Any lift over 3 or so comes with a bunch of issues that will cost you much more in the long run.
I just really like the look that a 3.5 gives you

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
2014 unlimited rubi. 3.5 rubicon express Super-Flex Short Arm or rock krawler 3.5 flex system? Pros and cons of either? Will I have driveline issues due to it being a 3.5 with either?
Rock Krawler make a great lift and I think you'll be really happy with the Rock Krawler 3.5" Flex System. I would suggest that kit over the RE kit. It comes pretty complete, just add your own shocks.

You will have some issues with drive shafts at this amount of lift. But it is nothing that can't be remedied with a few extra $$ in parts. Let me know what questions you have or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about these lifts too. I've heard good things about the rubicon express kits but rock krawler seems to be the favorite. I would suggest Teraflex too but some of their kits require additional parts. I was originally looking at one of their 2.5" lifts but noticed that it's missing an adjustable front track bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts