Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to sound completely ignorant and ask this, but if I'm thinking it someone else is too. I have a '03 Rubicon with factory 31" tires and the factory wheels. My tires have a few months of tread left. When I replace them I want to go up to 33". I see some jeeps add a two inch lift to fit the tires. But I've seem some who add just fender flares, like Bushwacker, that gives you the clearance without the lift. Which is better to do? I'm guessing the lift is cheaper. But with the flares and no lift, wont my center of gravity be lower? The axle will be the same height off the ground either way right?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
It's really personal preference, some say just do a 1" Body lift, others (like me) start out with a 2" to 2.25" Budget boost lift kit, some insist that you need a 3" or 4" combo or full suspension lift. I just depends on your $$ flow and what you want your jeep to do and how you want it look. there's a ton of of stuff to research here. if you want pics to look at and compare, I used bing.com, type in what kind of lift you want to see; jeep tj 2 inch lift, then click images. going with the wider tires and wheels with more backspacing (pushing the wheel stance out) made my jeep more stable. your axle will be higher because of taller tires.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Yea, I really like the Metalcloaks too, but that's more coin than I have available for jeep projects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts