Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What and where can I find the best lift package for 2018 jku sport. Also, for size 17, 35 x 12.5 tires, do I need to upgrade my stock tire carrier? I live in Chicago IL.

·
Super Moderator
22,440 Posts
you need to list your intended use of the vehicle. Look in the vendor section, lots of good vendors to choose from. Read the most popular lift thread to give you an idea what to look for.

·
Super Moderator
4,870 Posts
What jadmt said about lifts. There is no one best lift. It depends on what you want from it. I would read up, starting with the thread he linked to.
As to the spare tire carrier with that size tire, it is really about weight, not size. The newer versions are rated for a max of 85 lbs as I recall. Earlier versions have a lower limit as I recall. Your manual should say.
It is possible I reckon to have a 35" tire and wheel that is within that limit, but typically a 35" tire will be too heavy for the stock carrier and require an upgrade. It is not so much about the carrier but about the tailgate the carrier is mounted to and the hinges. Too much weight on the tailgate without reinforcement can cause issues with the tailgate.

·
Registered
749 Posts
A wealth of knowledge on here regarding lifts... pros/cons etc. DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST! Decide what you really want from Jeep regarding on and off road capability. For the most part everything is a compromise as you gain certain aspects while regressing with others. I did a 2.5 AEV and it exactly fits what I wanted in the way of ride and handling. I'm running 285/75/17 tires and over all very satisfied probably because I'm not a off roader. My mpg dropped a couple probably because of the larger tires and regearing to 4.56. Those negatives are ok with me because the jeep looks way better (imo) and rides/handles MUCH better than stock. Ask lots of questions and have a plan of exactly what you want from your mods. Here's before and after pics of the mods.... As you can see a few mods make a lot of difference in how your Jeep is going to look.

·
Super Moderator
14,849 Posts
What and where can I find the best lift package for 2018 jku sport. Also, for size 17, 35 x 12.5 tires, do I need to upgrade my stock tire carrier? I live in Chicago IL.
Hi Vince, welcome to Wrangler Forum! We can certainly give you some excellent guidance... But we need to know how you will use your Jeep and what your budget is. How much offroad? Will you be adding a lot of weight in bumpers and armor/skidplates etc? Or is it primarily to fit the larger tires?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do not go with a budget lift. I did and have since replaced every part of that lift plus more. As pointed out, do your research. I trusted one source and did what he recommended. Turns out his expertise was mall hoppers and I had other plans for my Jeep. My mistake.

I am very happy with what I have now, but it has been a roller coaster ride getting here. If I could do it over again I would have installed a Metalcloak lift. There are other very good lifts to consider.

I got great advice from folks on this board that helped me get to my current set up. A couple of which are on your thread :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts