Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 07 JKU that I'm about to put a 2.5 inch lift on. I picked up this spacer lift from a friend

2.5in Suspension Lift Kit (Spacers) for 07-15 Jeep JK Wrangler | Rough Country Suspension Systems

Paid 80 for the lift, but as you can see it only come with the spacers, shock extensions, and brake line relocation brackets.

I am planning to also add in the following rear sway bar links and move the oem rear links to the front,

Amazon.com: Rough Country 1134 - Rear Sway Bar Endlinks for 2.5-inch Lifts for Jeep: Wrangler JK 4WD, Wrangler Unlimited JK 4WD: Automotive

and also a track bar bracket.

Amazon.com: Rough Country 1166 - Rear Track Bar Bracket for 2.5-inch Lifts for Jeep: Wrangler JK 4WD, Wrangler Unlimited JK 4WD/2WD: Automotive

Would this setup be sufficient, or do I need to look at some additional parts? This is my daily driver, 90% on pavement, light trails on the weekends.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Probably not ideal but considering the rear axle flexes with links nearly as much as the front does when its disconnected, I'm not sure the rear sway bar is critical in stability. I wouldn't be trying to play Ferrari around corners but probably OK for a few days until the new ones arrive.

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
Probably not ideal but considering the rear axle flexes with links nearly as much as the front does when its disconnected, I'm not sure the rear sway bar is critical in stability. I wouldn't be trying to play Ferrari around corners but probably OK for a few days until the new ones arrive.
Yea,

The front is stiff enough to keep the jeep stable.
I ran without rears for while ... Wasn't too bad.
Front ....... Different story.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts